Compromise

Attachments

• 20190227_123602.jpg
      20190227_123602.jpg
      56.4 KB · Views: 460

ELEMENT94

Wild eyed pistol waver.
    Sep 23, 2007
    You must be too young to remember various fights like the one that led to the Gun Control Act of 1968. FYI, the NRA took a 'reasonable' approach to the GCA. Right after, gun control advocates started throwing everything against the wall to see what would stick. It eventually led to the rise of Neil Knox and his allies who decided no more compromise because passage of one law just leads to future attempts of passage of more laws. To be sure the NRA does try to pick and choose it's fights these days partly because they are being hugely outspent. But, it actually creates dissension in the ranks when they don't take a hard line and the pro control people never seem to stop pressing forward.

I am too young to remember. Till a few years ago I never knew the "moderate" NRA stance in 1934 and 1968.

My question is, has "no compromise" ever worked?

Here in MD we have no tools to use. We are outnumbered 30% for, 70% against. If the other side offers a compromise, and we dont take it, They will just do it any way. Im not a fudd. I dont hunt. All my rifles are semi auto. (5 ARs) I dont even own a bolt action. If we cant legally use the weopons we have, whats the point? We keep the guns and they win because the guns never come out of the safe. I dont see the positive. Ten years from now the Supreme Court may decide to hear a case, but as Andrew Jackson said, who will enforce it? The States do what they want.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Attention people parked in the Bloomsbury Square housing area APD is using tag readers to enforce the two hour time limit. If you are more than two hours move your vehicles!

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Attention people parked in the Bloomsbury Square housing area APD is using tag readers to enforce the two hour time limit. If you are more than two hours move your vehicles!

Heh - reminds me of a guy who owns a shop on Rodeo Drive out there in Beverly Hills. To get around the time limits, he had at least 2 limos with drivers swap all day long. I don't know if he's still around - saw this in the late 80s.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    News from the Senate building: we will not be allowed to fill the hearing room. Neither will MDA, as we're told. We both will have a "delegation" of 5 members up there for visibility. For the first bill, they will hear two panels, and then they will hear 12 other bills, THEN the rest of us can testify. So we'll be waiting a while.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Has anyone brought up in testimony the amount of people represented by those against being NRA MDS, MSI, PP, MSRPA, GunChannel guy and that the antis are only representing one ... PMS.?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    A little kerfuffle here at JPR, apparently one of the Grandmas Demanding Metamucil got triggered and claimed that some of our guys assaulted her.
    398023496d9e9c5c56f7685f32809de5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SOP. I'm surprised this doesn't happen at every hearing. It's a convenient untruth that they believe can sway the opinion of others.

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Too many posts to look back and check if this was posted. But some red shirt decided that she didn't have enough space. So guess who she calls to protect from the gun toting nutcase?!

A cop with a gun!!

These people arent afraid of guns, they are afraid of the peole behind guns.

Well guess what, SO ARE WE!! We don't wad criminals to have guns!! So why does Murder Rate Mosby not enforce the laws we alrwady have!!!

The scary thing is that they legit think we are a bunch of nazis!!

Me with my black velvet yarmulka, a nazi....

shmuel2004

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 1, 2016
    Pikesville, MD
    Apologies to Mopar, but this "negotiated" solution is BS.

I got here at 8AM and I was the third person to sign up to testify.

Either way, I'm going to say my piece in its entirety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom