• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    At some point in the testimony, one thing that perked my ears was that someone mentioned that Maryland was trying to legalize possession of fentanyl. If anyone could narrow down when that was said during the hearing and point me to documentation, it would be appreciated. I am someone who tries to follow Maryland’s insane proposed laws, but I and many others had not heard about the fentanyl aspect until yesterday. This needs put on blast every where!!
    I’m hoping to sell my house in a few months and leave this dreaded state and go back to my home state of WV where I have freedom to buy the firearms that I want and not have to wake up every day and wonder if I’ll become a criminal for something that was purchased legally.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    The Dems, just like the Reps, aren't a group of clones. There are many factions, and individual personalities, and they fight with each other sometimes even more vehemently than they fight the other party. Look back at the selection process last year for the new House Speaker and Senate President. It got really ugly.

There are a few Dems, like Smith on the JPC side, who are ideologically anti-gun, but who can be reasoned with to at least reduce the harm some of these bills can do, and who don't like ambiguous law as a matter of principle. Sort of like with Zirkin before him, he's the Opposition, not necessarily the Enemy. And some of our loudest foes, like Atterbeary and Dumais, have managed to irritate their fellow Dems enough to render themselves ineffective in pushing pet legislation through. Remember Atterbeary's Long Gun Qualification License and how she tried to threaten the Senate JPC Chair for having removed it from the larger long gun background check bill? How'd that work out for her? We're lucky to have enemies like her who get their tightest shot groups when they aim at their own feet.

Yeah, MD gun laws suck and will get worse. But until SCOTUS steps in and eliminates Intermediate Scrutiny for enumerated rights as well as Chevron and other deference, we can use well crafted testimony to hold back or divert the worst of the flood.

Every single one of us have a better chance of winning a $1 billion lottery than SCOTUS stepping in to do anything positive for the 2A.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Jeff didn't testify. I saw him on Sunday so got a bit of an update. He started a new chemo regimen to hopefully address the golfball-sized cancer metastases in his liver. Really his last chance. He said he would be receiving therapy on Monday through Wednesday (and said it was fine to share this information with others). His attitude is always positive, but he did say his energy was flagging. Anyway, fingers crossed for this 2A warrior.

Prayers, as always for Jeff. I cannot go into the House office building or testify without thinking of this warrior.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Attachments

• IMG_5517.jpg
      IMG_5517.jpg
      59.5 KB · Views: 301

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Jeff didn't testify. I saw him on Sunday so got a bit of an update. He started a new chemo regimen to hopefully address the golfball-sized cancer metastases in his liver. Really his last chance. He said he would be receiving therapy on Monday through Wednesday (and said it was fine to share this information with others). His attitude is always positive, but he did say his energy was flagging. Anyway, fingers crossed for this 2A warrior.

And agree, we are lucky to have DC-W on our team.

I can't say anything but the best for these two gentlemen. Their spirit, enthusiasm and talent are remarkable.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    LOL you have a better chance of being struck by lightening than democrats in Annapolis taking any testimony by gun owners seriously. over 40 years of infringement and all the letters, calls, emails and testimony has resulted in almost nothing.

Yes. Nothing at all.

We’d be where we are 20 or 30 years ago if no one had bothered fighting it. It very well might prove to be a losing battle. War is lost real fast if no one bothers to fight.

The number of laws delayed, softened or just outright defeated that never came back is long.

Remember the cartridge case crap? Do you remember what FSA2013 looked like originally? We have to do FFL transfers for long guns between private parties now, but we don’t need a license to do it.

On and on.

If you aren’t going to fight...

Oh wait. You are the one that always poops on everybody’s efforts.

Try being negative elsewhere maybe? I appreciate everyone’s efforts especially because all I was able to do this year was send letters and emails to my and the committees members opposing the legislation.

Yes. Nothing at all.

We’d be where we are 20 or 30 years ago if no one had bothered fighting it. It very well might prove to be a losing battle. War is lost real fast if no one bothers to fight.

The number of laws delayed, softened or just outright defeated that never came back is long.

Remember the cartridge case crap? Do you remember what FSA2013 looked like originally? We have to do FFL transfers for long guns between private parties now, but we don’t need a license to do it.

On and on.

If you aren’t going to fight...

Oh wait. You are the one that always poops on everybody’s efforts.

Try being negative elsewhere maybe? I appreciate everyone’s efforts especially because all I was able to do this year was send letters and emails to my and the committees members opposing the legislation.

So you admit your constantly playing defense..So how long do we play? it's been over 40 years...do we do this forever? Or until we are hopelessly defeated...because you can't win playing defense. ANY infringement is a loss...what you are saying is the same as a football team congratulating themselves for only losing by a field goal...YOU STILL LOST

And to answer my own question "how long do we play...do we do this forever?" the answer is nope...eventually most of America will be "woke" and the American gun owner will be such a pariah no one will dare challenge the government. WE are the last best effort. And here we sit...writing letters that fall on deaf ears and fill the circular file...

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    So you admit your constantly playing defense..So how long do we play? it's been over 40 years...do we do this forever? Or until we are hopelessly defeated...because you can't win playing defense. ANY infringement is a loss...what you are saying is the same as a football team congratulating themselves for only losing by a field goal...YOU STILL LOST

And to answer my own question "how long do we play...do we do this forever?" the answer is nope...eventually most of America will be "woke" and the American gun owner will be such a pariah no one will dare challenge the government. WE are the last best effort. And here we sit...writing letters that fall on deaf ears and fill the circular file...

Thirty-five years of change: our perspective is somewhat slanted due to local oppression.

Attachments

• 1986.jpg
      1986.jpg
      25.9 KB · Views: 272
    • Right to carry 2021.gif
      Right to carry 2021.gif
      14.5 KB · Views: 272

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

I’m still on the edge of my seat waiting for your plan...

Shitting on the efforts of others isn’t a plan. Can’t say something nice? STFU.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

This ^^^^^

Still waiting for him to lead the charge out of the trenches, instead he just does a drive by shit slinging. Total waste of bandwidth.

Saving-Private-Ryan-Upham.jpg

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD

Don’t go into motivational speaking.

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD

You'd probably be a lot less miserable in your old age if you eased off the blackpilling.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

This ^^^^^

Still waiting for him to lead the charge out of the trenches, instead he just does a drive by shit slinging. Total waste of bandwidth.

Saving-Private-Ryan-Upham.jpg

Don’t go into motivational speaking.

Even when there is more overt interaction he's still nowhere to be seen. Always another excuses about how he's busy or how ineffective what everyone else is doing is.

Yet, he's still perfectly happy trying to incite someone to do something while sitting on his hands.

You would have thought he'd caught a clue when a virtually identical demoralizing post was removed right before this one.

The staff is getting pretty sick of this tune that never changes key.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom