• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Abraham Lincoln carried brass knuckles. But why carry a gun when you're constantly surrounded by armed guards with machine guns?
    I still think Reagan did much more more harm than good to our gun rights.

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County
    No one is perfect, but, what he did for the country on a whole, gives him a pass, in my book. Would you give up your guns, if it would return the country to the glory he brought? I would. In a heart beat!

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Reagan-assault-weapons-ronald-gun-gun-contnrol-99164158600_xlarge.jpeg

Just sayin....everyone thinks Reagan was so awesome when it comes to guns, just because he has an "R" next to his name.

The democrats have done far better for the country and gun owners.:sarcasm:

Ultimate Member

PO2012

Oct 24, 2013
    I wonder if it was somehow legal for him to carry in dc.

The President is Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces. Even though no President since Washington has elected to command the Army in person, any President could choose to do so during any engagement at any time. As such the President can possess and carry any weapon he so chooses anywhere and at anytime he chooses.

The President is considered to be a uniformed combatant under the Geneva Accords and it would be lawful for any enemy Soldier engaged in combat against the United States to kill him on sight provided that he was not incapacitated and did not attempt to surrender. There was actually a debate about this very topic in regard to assassinations when GWB was in office. Donald Rumsfeld was being asked by a member of Congress about the legality of targeting enemy commanders and he specifically stated that both the Secretary of Defense and the President are not civilian non-combatants but rather a part of the chain of command and as such are legitimate targets. His basic argument was that anyone who has authority to command the battle space becomes part of the battle space.

Frankly, I've never understood why any President wouldn't carry a firearm, especially if they're a veteran.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    As long as on Presidential Trivia, Teddy R regularily packed. Once while at a State Dinner for the Ambassador of Japan, the Colt .32acp in his waistband slid down this pants leg onto the floor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom