• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TangaZulu

Dec 19, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    Seeking to Understand

I'm new and seeking to learn more about my newly adopted community. The Sipsey blog holds many interesting ideas and espouses ideals I am both familiar with and have embraced - for the most part. But the dichotomy of his support for Bundy, and the statement attributed to John Locke:

"...whenever the legislators endeavour to take away, and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people..."

leaves me scratching my head. Bundy declared that people of my background may be better off as slaves, yet the thrust of the Sipsey blog is moral defense of liberty at all costs. For those that support the 3%, I'm curious how you resolve this.

Cheers,
    TZ

HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    I'm new and seeking to learn more about my newly adopted community. The Sipsey blog holds many interesting ideas and espouses ideals I am both familiar with and have embraced - for the most part. But the dichotomy of his support for Bundy, and the statement attributed to John Locke:

"...whenever the legislators endeavour to take away, and destroy the property of the people, or to reduce them to slavery under arbitrary power, they put themselves into a state of war with the people..."

leaves me scratching my head. Bundy declared that people of my background may be better off as slaves, yet the thrust of the Sipsey blog is moral defense of liberty at all costs. For those that support the 3%, I'm curious how you resolve this.

Cheers,
    TZ

This is the first post you make after joining the forum?
    :popcorn:

You need to introduce yourself Here!

TangaZulu

Dec 19, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    HRDWRK, you are right to call me on that. The topic interested me and I guess I got a little ahead of myself. I've posted in the welcome thread now, like a civilized person. :o

Cheers!
    TZ

crowleycr

Mar 4, 2012
    Lexington Park
    read this further down the page on Sipsey:
    "Fast forward past several other armed rallies to 13 December 2014 and Olympia, WA. A large rally with some 2000-2500 armed attendees stood up against the tyrant once again in opposition of draconian gun legislation which was Initiative 594. i594 made virtually all private firearms transfers illegal without a background check. The rally was organized in record time by Gavin Seim and a handful of die-hard, tireless patriots. We effectively nullified I594 by committing several thousand felony transfers during the rally. What a stunning and brilliant success this rally was! The following weekend saw a similar armed rally in Spokane."

Interesting read. In Washington, they stood up to the tyrant. We had a rally. Don't get me wrong.

It was a great rally, shut down the Senate building due to numbers. We got the laws relaxed some. However, we weren't, as an analogy, handing each other 30 round magazines. We behaved as expected I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom