• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Wish I had the cash. I'd get me another, two Chargemasters = less waiting.

Major03

Ultimate Member
    Just picked up a Chargemaster Light from Midsputh for $230. Inaugural run was this weekend, 200 rds of 300 BLK later I have to say it was a pleasure to have it working away on my powder drops while I was busy seating bullets.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    I sent RCBS an E-mail regarding the differences in the 1500 Vs The Chargemaster Lite. Attached is their response.

The Charge Master is a two piece unit and the Charge Master Lite is a one piece compact unit. The Charge Master is accurate to +/- a tenth of a grain up to 1500 grains. The Charge Master Lite is accurate to +/- a tenth of a grain up to 500 grains, +/- two tenths of a grain between 500 and 1000 and =/- four tenths of a grain between 1000 and 2000 grains. The speed of dispensing is slower on the Lite than on the Charge Master but it is half the price. Let us know if you need any additional information. Have a great day!

Technical Services Representative/ap
    RCBS/Vista Outdoor
    605 Oro Dam Blvd.
    Oroville, Ca 95965
    (800) 379-1732

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Go 1500! You don't want to wait any longer for a charge to drop than you have to. Buy once, cry once.

EDIT I use a two round loading method.

1) charge case A put it in the press

2) charge case B

3) press bullet into A then move B into press

4) charge case C

5) while powder is falling into pan for D, press bullet into B

Etc. You just have to remember to keep two cases charged. One in the press and one in the block. While you press bullet A, the charge is falling for case C.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Or, in this case buy twice to start. :)

Get two Lite ones, and then you will Be waiting less. Unless the Lite is half the speed.

I pick up case, insert funnel, wait for Charge measter (single 1500) to finish, dump powder. Pan back on Chargemaster to refill, seat bullet, pick up new case, insert funnel, wait.

With 2, there should be a charge waiting for you as you finish each one.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    You can do the same thing with two powder pans of equal weight and one 1500. The trick is equalizing their weights. Plastic pans are easy. Shave off the difference.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Or, in this case buy twice to start. :)

Get two Lite ones, and then you will Be waiting less. Unless the Lite is half the speed.

I pick up case, insert funnel, wait for Charge measter (single 1500) to finish, dump powder. Pan back on Chargemaster to refill, seat bullet, pick up new case, insert funnel, wait.

With 2, there should be a charge waiting for you as you finish each one.

With my method, there is virtually no wait. Especially if you case gauge every round(which I like to do on certain ammo).

Topher, a member here, has two CM 1500s. He has no wait.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    I got mine today, ordered it inadvertently while my sleeping pill was kicking in on Wednesday night, apparently even paid for expedited shipping too.

Absolutely LOVE the 1500 so far. Been throwing dead-on with H4350, verified against a beam and another digital scale. It's going to get a workout over the weekend. Have plenty of H4350, primers, fresh batch of 142gr SMK's, and prepped brass.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I got mine today, ordered it inadvertently while my sleeping pill was kicking in on Wednesday night, apparently even paid for expedited shipping too.

Absolutely LOVE the 1500 so far. Been throwing dead-on with H4350, verified against a beam and another digital scale. It's going to get a workout over the weekend. Have plenty of H4350, primers, fresh batch of 142gr SMK's, and prepped brass.

If you plan on running stick powder through it, you'll definitely want to add the straw mod. 1500s tend to have difficulty dropping extrudeds.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    If you plan on running stick powder through it, you'll definitely want to add the straw mod. 1500s tend to have difficulty dropping extrudeds.

^this. I had an issue, but a quick trip to Mickey D's resolved it. Could not be happier with mine.

Yep, McD's is good for something finally, works for mine also.

I've been aware of the 'straw-mod', but in all honesty, with H4350 it's been throwing dead-on at my recipes known performance charge so far. I was totally amazed at the consistency, had a 1.5" section of straw at the ready, if it was needed. ;)

Now, I have had 2/3 charges that went Over by .1/.2gr - but those were at a charge of 43.8gr and 44.3gr. I couldn't help myself, had to make up 5 small batches of 5 rounds per, going from my known sweet spot of 43.3 on up to 44.3 (44.5 being listed max).

Going to run those on a 6mmBR target grid and see if I have another 'accuracy node' above my 43.3gr node.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Mine throws IMR 4350 pretty well, but it does go over from time to time by a tenth or two of a grain. I could just set it to .2 less and trickle the last bits myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom