• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Justintrip

Dec 25, 2012
    Crofton, MD
    I came to posses my grandfathers P-25. My parents recently discovered it and handed it over to me. I took the firearm apart and discovered the firing pin was missing.

Does anyone a local place that would have a compatible firing pin? Also, there hasn't been any offical transfer work done at this time. Should I contact the State Police to resolve this, or is that not needed?

Thanks!

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Not aware of a local source. I believe the Raven 25's have been out of production for 20years or more. But Numrich Gun Parts Corporation shows a listing for the P25 firing pin.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    Not aware of a local source. I believe the Raven 25's have been out of production for 20years or more. But Numrich Gun Parts Corporation shows a listing for the P25 firing pin.

Numrich will probably be the best option. I dont think you'll be able to find anything like that locally

Justintrip

Dec 25, 2012
    Crofton, MD
    Yeah, I figured it would be a bit of a hassle to find a firing pin for this locally....not to mention the part will probably cost half of what the gun is worth. But, it was one of the few things I came to own from my grandfather after he passed, so I'll make sure that saturday night special is in the best shape possible and treat it like gold.

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    I came to posses my grandfathers P-25. My parents recently discovered it and handed it over to me. I took the firearm apart and discovered the firing pin was missing.

Does anyone a local place that would have a compatible firing pin? Also, there hasn't been any offical transfer work done at this time. Should I contact the State Police to resolve this, or is that not needed?

Thanks!
    I don’t think these can legally be possessed in Maryland… They are not on the handgun roster and in fact, the later company, phoenix, arms is on the disallowed list

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    I don’t think these can legally be possessed in Maryland… They are not on the handgun roster and in fact, the later company, phoenix, arms is on the disallowed list
    Perhaps, but I think if you inherit a gun it may be different. But even if you can't legally own one, I doubt you'd be prosecuted if you were to have one. Most people who have these guns dry-fire them and break the pin. The guns can be very reliable, but don't hold it too high or the gun or it will cause a malfunction.

Spending twenty bucks on a gun that might work is a gamble. I've had a Jennings J-22 for years. When it's clean it is very reliable, but when it's had more than 15 rounds through it, it begins to malfunction. If I take it apart and use a toothbrush on it, I can get it to shoot another 10-15 more rounds through it. So would I bet my life on a clean gun?

YES. Because it's never jammed before 21 rounds. Even when rapid fired. I've been told that Militec-1 dry lubricant can enhance reliability because it has no goop to cause it till ham. Great lubricants like Break Free can mix with powder and cause a gun to jam. Break Free worked very well in jungle environs, but when our conflicts turned to the desert, the lubricants needed changing and we needed a lube that didn't attract dust, sand and grit. So try that.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Definitely prevents transfer of post 1985 banned guns and I’m sure the state police don’t care about that but it would probably take a court case to get them to allow transfer of a pre1985 gun on the banned list.

Back in 85 the Grendel P-10 was banned because it was deemed undetectable. But I am certain these days it would be considered completely detectable; probably easier to recognize/detect than a G 43.

Side note on the P-10, I am pretty sure that it’s specifically called out by barrel length, but there was an optional barrel 5/8 inch longer, which is not mentioned. I would think that, by species, the longer barrel version is not banned.

The Saint

Black Powder Nerd/Resident Junk Collector
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 10, 2021
    Baltimore County
    Gotta love the Ravens...MP-25 and P-25 nice n clean. Mine are both accurate AND reliable, too.

351280238_202531736015909_5585961710410738252_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom