• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    Where are we going to find enough 2A candidates that will stand a chance to replace all (or at least most) of the anti' s including the governor?

How many do we need, to reverse the 2013 Firearm Safety Act or at least totally rewrite it?

On the bright side we can also push on all the taxes they raised this year so that even if voters are neutral on the firearms front, I'm sure they care about their pocketbooks.

MadCat0911

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2013
    Hanover
    You're thinking wrong. We don't need pro-2A peeps (well, we do), we need ANYONE but the guys in now. If we vote out the current Anti-2A guys, they'll notice that if you vote against 2A, you could lose your job. That'll make people who replace them think twice about voting for this crap.

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    What's the standard turnover for an incumbent in Maryland? I'd wager it won't change by anything statistically significant.

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    $50 US and the ability to fill out a form.
    I think you are simplifying that a bit much.

You need a tiny bit of organization from what I see. Yes, paperwork ensues.
    I see: Candidate, Chairman, and Treasurer. Kinda dissuades the meek from just filing.

On the other hand I am truly in fight or flight mode. SB281 bothers me a lot. I have two choices left. Leave Maryland for Virginia, yes I can get a job there. I have lived here 10 years they are not chasing me out that easy.

So fight mode it is. I will support/help anyone especially in my Howard county District. If it comes to it and nobody runs I swear to God I will take the steps to run or see if I have what it takes.

My first idea is to see who is running so I won't have to, but If I make the move. I will take up Delegate Don Dwyers offer to show someone around to see if I can take it.
    http://delegatedwyer.com/
    ~G

PS.
    Alot of time left just posting.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    I think you are simplifying that a bit much.

You need a tiny bit of organization from what I see. Yes, paperwork ensues.
    I see: Candidate, Chairman, and Treasurer. Kinda dissuades the meek from just filing.

On the other hand I am truly in fight or flight mode. SB281 bothers me a lot. I have two choices left. Leave Maryland for Virginia, yes I can get a job there. I have lived here 10 years they are not chasing me out that easy.

So fight mode it is. I will support/help anyone especially in my Howard county District. If it comes to it and nobody runs I swear to God I will take the steps to run or see if I have what it takes.

My first idea is to see who is running so I won't have to, but If I make the move. I will take up Delegate Don Dwyers offer to show someone around to see if I can take it.
    http://delegatedwyer.com/
    ~G

PS.
    Alot of time left just posting.

If you're in District 13, please register to run as a Democrat. All three in the House ran unopposed in the primaries. Even Robey in the Senate ran unopposed in the primary.

And if you have even the smallest thought about running as Republican, just ask Gaffney how much love she got from Distrcit 13...

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    Im district 13. I am a Dino per reading these board after seeing what was happening.

gedelea

Spartan
    Jan 9, 2011
    Montgomery Co.
    You're thinking wrong. We don't need pro-2A peeps (well, we do), we need ANYONE but the guys in now. If we vote out the current Anti-2A guys, they'll notice that if you vote against 2A, you could lose your job. That'll make people who replace them think twice about voting for this crap.

I partly agree with the above statement. You don't want someone from the political machine as a replacement for the folks who are currnetly in office. You need a person with a good ethical track record who is unencumbered by politics. I don't think you have to be a lawyer, just someone with good common sense, basic American values and the honor to vote on what is right and not go along with ANY party line. I think that back in the day they called this type of person a Statesman.

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013

+1 Even if another anti takes their place, communication can be sent to those that get elected that they got many votes from gun rights people ONLY because they were not those who voted for SB281. It will make them think twice before pulling more shenanigans. We can vote a actual pro 2A candidate in later if not the first go round. Incrementalism is a two way street.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

This...

Anyone voted in to replace them in a primary will be a no name since they aren't an incumbent, so then either party may have a chance to fill the void at that point.

Regardless, the new elected official will be a freshman in the GA, have no political clout, and probably not end up replacing the incumbent in any of the committees they had and if they do, not anywhere near the seniority or power.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Throw out the antis as pure payback. Replace them with rookie antis, if necessary. At least they'll be rookies, and they'll know what happened to their predecessor.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Ethical and unemcumbered with Politics ? Way too high a bar . Anybody who can beat the incumbent. Sitting politicians don't care who replaces them if it isn't them.

Heck if noboby else , sombody who can't win can still bleed them in the primary instead of being unopposed.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Not easy to find a qualified legislator that can work for $43k a year.

Yeah, that is their pay for 3 months of work. Frosh, Dumais, Gladden, Carter, are all practicing attorneys. They work beyond the 3 months in the General Assembly. Let's see, 4 quarters multiplied by $43,000 is an effective annual salary of $172,000 a year. Not too bad in my book.

To answer the OP's question, it isn't so much about electing staunch 2nd Amendment supporters, but at the minimum letting these complete antis know that they can be replaced, even if it is with another anti.

Thing is, some of these antis in there have been there for a decade or more. We don't need life long politicians.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom