• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gem357

MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2013
    SoHoCo
    The American system of law was founded on the principle that the government would be required to explicitly state what is illegal, and all else should be presumed legal. The issue at hand is that the ATF in particular feels entitled to rewrite policy when it suits them, regardless of inconsistencies with past policy. This needs to be fought tooth and nail, and I applaud Rare Breed for doing so, even if their trigger is dumb. It is thinking like this that will allow ATF to continue to ban whatever the current administration wants banned, which turns law abiding citizens into felons without legislative branch changes to current legal code. The ATF is not the legislative branch. They should not be using the limited leeway they were intended to be granted when interpreting laws to make new ones or rewrite old ones. Bump stocks gone, no big deal, who cares. Now ATF is making up new regulations for centerfire rifle caliber pistols, wants to redefine firearm receivers to make firearm components as painful as possible to purchase, and is going after some dumb forced reset trigger.

And people shoot fast because they want to. Need has nothing to do with it.

^^^This. Thanks for putting it so eloquently

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    They are starting to seize these items

Yeah they are just going to do it and see how far they get before someone can sort out legality in court. I think they’ll get away with it in the end, because technical firearms cases rarely do well. Not many people are going to care about it, either. Redefining pistols I’m 50/50 on if they’ll get what they want (but I expect they’ll try it), but I think they know they aren’t going to get away with the receiver thing. That subject has been dealt with quite a bit in court, and typically not in a manner favorable to ATF.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    They are starting to seize these items

The actual "leaked letter" is posted on reddit and it looks fake as fuq... I call total BS.

Also, Mr. GunsNGear says Rarebreed was raided, but Rarebreed themselves made public statements that they were NOT raided.

So much diss-information out there, getting people riled up for the wrong reasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom