• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    i'm looking for a new fullsize 1911. as of know its between these 2. any pro's or conz? i own both a kimber and sig, and love them, well my sig is a rifle .556 swat. and my kimber is a cdp 11 custom. now its time for a fullsize any help would be great. i heard kimber has a new gunsmith and is messing things up any truth to this? also if any one has 1 in stock im on my way.:party29:

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    Probably 525-550 is the best you can get for a new one online, then dealer and transfer fees(usually 35 dollars at most stores I buy from). Probably 600 or a little more in most gun stores. You can join the GSSF and get a discount, although they changed the rules on that I think, so you might have to wait now.

You could get a used one for under 500.

mbz300sdl

Gone living free now!!!
    Apr 12, 2010
    South Carolina
    Probably 525-550 is the best you can get for a new one online, then dealer and transfer fees(usually 35 dollars at most stores I buy from). Probably 600 or a little more in most gun stores. You can join the GSSF and get a discount, although they changed the rules on that I think, so you might have to wait now.

You could get a used one for under 500.

He asked nothing about a Glock

To OP i believe we have the Sig Nightmare at Hafer's I don't recall the price but I believe it was around 1100. Get the sig I work for a smith and we don't see the Sigs come back but we do see Kimber, others will be along later to say that Sigs are junk but its your choice and my info is based on happy real world customers at a shop that sales more Sig 1911s than any other brand.

jawn

YOU TROLLIN!
    Feb 10, 2011
    INTARWEB
    If it has to be one of those two guns, I'd pick the Sig. I've seen less horror stories with Sig 1911s, but they've obviously deviated a bit from the standard design (so much so that they aren't compatible with a number of 1911 holsters).

That said, if I were to spend 1100-1400 dollars on a 1911, I'd spend it on a Colt, a Dan Wesson RZ-45 Heritage, or a Smith and Wesson E-Series.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    From experience, My SIg 1911 and E-Series S&W are by far some of my best shooting guns. The E-Series and smooth as butter and really nice to shoot. The Sig has well made parts and is accurate as I can be. Be careful of the slide profile on the Sigs. Some are wider than standard 1911s and finding holsters can be difficult. I think the newer Sigs have standard slide profiles. If I had to pick, I would take a S&W E-Series 2 tone.

SIG is your best bet. I have three of them, actually four but one is not a 1911. One Kimber that had to be tuned to be reliable.
    SIG 1911s don't fit regular 1911 holsters is because their slides are slightly bigger, everything else is basically the same as JMB designed.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Since you already have a CDP11, I personally would probably diversify and get something other than a 1911A1.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with an 1911A1, I have more than one myself :innocent0, but why not learn another platform?

Once you own a SIG, Glock, or Springfield... you'll be able to participate in significantly more monkey sh!t slinging fests on here! ;)

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    I'm not saying there is anything wrong with an 1911A1, I have more than one myself :innocent0, but why not learn another platform?

Once you own a SIG, Glock, or Springfield... you'll be able to participate in significantly more monkey sh!t slinging fests on here! ;)[/QUOTE]

yeah if i dont go (sig) 1911, it will be a H&K. i just love the 1911. but i just fell in love with that sig .308 i just seen on here. very nice.

THEKOONTZ

Mar 2, 2012
    Pasadena/Glen Burnie
    You know I almost got the nightmare, I handled one at GC and the damn thing was sweet! At a really good price, Dan and Harry told me as soon as they got them in they were gone in a flash. That's gotta say something, I may even still get one! Lol

GRAY GHOST

The 43rd
    Jul 24, 2012
    C.S.A.
    You know I almost got the nightmare, I handled one at GC and the damn thing was sweet! At a really good price, Dan and Harry told me as soon as they got them in they were gone in a flash. That's gotta say something, I may even still get one! Lol

i know you will. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    partyboytowsonhigh1956

Latest threads

Top Bottom