• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CWood

May 2, 2011
    S.MD
    So headed to Dick's to pick up some Winchester White Box, 45apc-100ct and was buy one and the next at 50%. They had raised the price from 41+ to 51+ dollars a box since last week. I went to Wal-Mart and spent my money, 35 and change for the same thing. I won't be going back there.

EngageSmith

Industry Partner
    May 31, 2011
    Kensington, MD
    I don't go there much (the one in Gaithersburg/RIO) but a few years ago I bought a Remington 597 there, used a coupon from the Entertainment Book (which on the back says can't be used for guns and ammo), and I THINK it was during a post-Thanksgiving sale or something.

Anyway, at the register the gun rang up $20 less than it should have been and I got 20% off after that. I think I walked out the door with that thing for about $160 with a cheap-o Chinese Remington scope. I may have been extremely lucky but then again every once and a while a blind squirrel finds a nut... ;)

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Suggestion ...

Dress up like a 60's hippie, carry an OWS-type protest sign and picket the place. ;)

After all, it is Occupy Black Friday ...

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I worked at a dicks in college and we did raise the prices just before a sale. I asked my manager about it once, and he told me that they actually make more money that way.

Ultimate Member
    So headed to Dick's to pick up some Winchester White Box, 45apc-100ct and was buy one and the next at 50%. They had raised the price from 41+ to 51+ dollars a box since last week. I went to Wal-Mart and spent my money, 35 and change for the same thing. I won't be going back there.

just buy from AIM, Palmetto State Armory or somewhere else online. I'd only support a MD store if it were something like one of the small shops that actually care about gun owners.

Engage Armament, Gun Connection, On Target, 2A Sales, etc (there are ~15 more).

When I buy gun stuff I buy from the little stores, but for ammo you are probably much better off going online or even coming here and getting together a group buy. It'd save you a lot more time and money too.

Deep Creek Rock

.._. .._ _._. _._ .._
    there called DICKS for a reason

Yeah - They live up to there name. That chain dosnt impress me one bit. I miss Galyans - it was way better.

To the OP, Ive bought a few of those 100ct 45ACP 230 grain from Wally World for $37.50 a box, to break in my Kimber. That stuff is mighty dirty shooting. The end of the muzzle looked like an exhaust pipe, running on full rich.

The brass is good though. Ive kept mine for handloading. Ive calculated, the cost to reload 100 rounds with my own casted 230grn LRN, for about $5.00 per hundred (.05 each!) - talk about cheap shooting!

Last edited:

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    The one in Columbia stopped all sales of firearms and hunting appeal..... Well the LIBS strike again!!!!

That's weird. I just bought a Mossberg 702 (can't beat $120 for the rifle and $30 for two 525 round packs of .22lr) from the one in Gaithersburg this afternoon. The guy at the counter who helped me said they have been selling guns since 5am. There were 3 other people buying guns when I was filling out my paperwork.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    It must depend on which store you go to. The Dicks in Bel Air has always been good with ammo and rifles. I've used coupons that weren't supposed to be used for ammo or guns and they applied them anyway. I always find ammo on sale at Dicks, just depends when you are there. As far as raising the price and dropping it, that is retail sales. Almost all big retail store do the same sort of thing. Go to an IP if you want good deals and honest service.

Mason-Dixon Baseball

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Fallston
    It must depend on which store you go to. The Dicks in Bel Air has always been good with ammo and rifles. I've used coupons that weren't supposed to be used for ammo or guns and they applied them anyway. I always find ammo on sale at Dicks, just depends when you are there. As far as raising the price and dropping it, that is retail sales. Almost all big retail store do the same sort of thing. Go to an IP if you want good deals and honest service.

SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom