• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    1) Too many people were asking about compliance of their 60 yr old gun and shotguns

2) I could count the number of young people there, me being one of them (Under 30)

3) Stop learning abiut how to comply and lets learn about stopping this thing.

4) was not impressed with shannon. This meeting shouldve been about beating it not compliance.

Left after o,d guys asked dumb questions over and over.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    1) Too many people were asking about compliance of their 60 yr old gun and shotguns

2) I could count the number of young people there, me being one of them (Under 30)

4) was not impressed with shannon. This meeting shouldve been about beating it not compliance.

Did you even read the description of the event?

Hear from your Frederick County Delegates and Second Amendment experts how this legislation will affect you and your family

This wasn't the place to discuss strategy. Those meetings are being held privately (Liberty Tree being an example).

This was simply a meeting to help people understand the law (and they needed it).

If you didn't care for shannon, why didn't you go voice your opinion to here face?

Want to do more to help out? Consider becoming a MSI executive member.

Or host Liberty Tree meetings for your own district.

UNcommon Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 16, 2011
    Howard County

Did not attend meeting, spent all Feb/Mar testifying and speaking with senators and delegates so am burned out. Not impressed with Shannon either, she's not well informed or spoken, have mentioned this to Wayne LaPierre and Ed Keene they've noted my concerns but since it's a low pay job, tough to get someone really knowledgeable or articulate. JLU - FFL, Const Atty.

Maxx

Apr 4, 2009
    I found it to be very helpful and am glad that I attended. Now Saturday's Obama funded Town Hall meeting should be the time and place to grill the politicians, tonight's was not.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Did not attend meeting, spent all Feb/Mar testifying and speaking with senators and delegates so am burned out. Not impressed with Shannon either, she's not well informed or spoken, have mentioned this to Wayne LaPierre and Ed Keene they've noted my concerns but since it's a low pay job, tough to get someone really knowledgeable or articulate. JLU - FFL, Const Atty.

You do realize she is responsible for 4 states, right?

arcticdc5

Mar 20, 2013
    Emphasis was stressed to attend the Urbana meeting. This should be really good. Last nights meeting was sort of a pep rally for saturdays meeting.

It was a heavy turnout last night and I agree that there were too many dumb questions being asked.

arcticdc5

Mar 20, 2013
    Also learning that out of the 141 delegates, only 43 are republican. With a state that gives illegal aliens drivers licenses and gives them free college education at the expense of the taxpayers - there's just no hope with these existing politicians. Hopefully '14 will have them voted out!

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Also learning that out of the 141 delegates, only 43 are republican. With a state that gives illegal aliens drivers licenses and gives them free college education at the expense of the taxpayers - there's just no hope with these existing politicians. Hopefully '14 will have them voted out!
    If you're talking about the ballot initiative, it gives them in-state tuition, not free tuition.

It's still B. S. though.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    The explanation of not seeking a referendum I thought was good. Some keep saying it would delay the law, but that is not a fact is it? Voting to keep a right we are guaranteed in the first place is a stupid thing to do. Our side would get demolished in that vote anyway just adding fuel for the gun grabbers

arcticdc5

Mar 20, 2013
    And hearing the results of a Washington post poll of 80% of Marylanders want gun control - just goes to show you that we're a small minority in this state. I wouldn't be surprised if omalley gets another term. Just keep on destroying this state...

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    The explanation of not seeking a referendum I thought was good. Some keep saying it would delay the law, but that is not a fact is it? Voting to keep a right we are guaranteed in the first place is a stupid thing to do. Our side would get demolished in that vote anyway just adding fuel for the gun grabbers

A referendum would definitely delay the law until it could be voted on by the voters. I still think the courts are a better avenue.

And hearing the results of a Washington post poll of 80% of Marylanders want gun control - just goes to show you that we're a small minority in this state. I wouldn't be surprised if omalley gets another term. Just keep on destroying this state...

MOM is term limited. But given how much respect he has for the documents that spell out the proper role of government, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if he managed to get the MD ones changed so he could run again.

jpo183

Ultimate Member
    Mar 20, 2013
    in Maryland
    Yes. Still would help if she was more articulate. Knowing the laws of 4 states is easy. I practice in 3 and it's piece of cake.

This, I felt she was not professional in her answers and articulated very poorly. I wanted to hear from the NRA how we can stop it, and not focus on compliance. I pay dues to NRA to help fight not interpret.

My problem with the meeting was I was hoping they would explain more about how going to court would delay / etc the law. meaning when could they file a law suit, would it result in a stay.

Instead I felt that the people asking questions were trying to learn how "to comply" with the law instead of using the night as a "this is how we need to go moving forward"

There is one thing I know, nothing is secret. There are no "secret initiatives" at the top level to beat this, there are only two options referendum and law suit. So its nothing to hide. I was hoping to hear the delegates say here is what we need you to do going forward. Instead I heard too much (even from Shannon answering questions) of how to comply.

And that is why I was irritated. I wanted to yell out to the old man "where have you been!" "Is your shotgun banned!?!?"

Seriously the people asking questions were clueless and were not there in the fight or to help the cause. Whats done is done, go read it somewhere. A townhall of this nature should be about how do we stop / take back lost ground. When you have a room full of people , you use it for objectives not a "compliance lesson"

That is why I was irritated. I wanted to hear what else we could do to help the cause.

One thing I am going to work on is how to get more youth involved. I was very disapointed in it and want to see more 20 somethings out there.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    This, I felt she was not professional in her answers and articulated very poorly. I wanted to hear from the NRA how we can stop it, and not focus on compliance. I pay dues to NRA to help fight not interpret.

My problem with the meeting was I was hoping they would explain more about how going to court would delay / etc the law. meaning when could they file a law suit, would it result in a stay.

Instead I felt that the people asking questions were trying to learn how "to comply" with the law instead of using the night as a "this is how we need to go moving forward"

There is one thing I know, nothing is secret. There are no "secret initiatives" at the top level to beat this, there are only two options referendum and law suit. So its nothing to hide. I was hoping to hear the delegates say here is what we need you to do going forward. Instead I heard too much (even from Shannon answering questions) of how to comply.

And that is why I was irritated. I wanted to yell out to the old man "where have you been!" "Is your shotgun banned!?!?"

Seriously the people asking questions were clueless and were not there in the fight or to help the cause. Whats done is done, go read it somewhere. A townhall of this nature should be about how do we stop / take back lost ground. When you have a room full of people , you use it for objectives not a "compliance lesson"

That is why I was irritated. I wanted to hear what else we could do to help the cause.

One thing I am going to work on is how to get more youth involved. I was very disapointed in it and want to see more 20 somethings out there.

Did you even go up and ask her (and the other representatives) about those things, once the main line of questioning was over?

Also there were some people from a Republican group around, did you talk to them?

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

The Washington Post poll is over 3 month old, newer polls show much lower numbers.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

The meeting was about the affects of the law, not upcoming legal action. The time to stop this was back during the legislative session. Did you ask any questions about beating this? How about the upcoming legal proceedings?

If you think you can do a better job, then step up. Perhaps you should have suggested a change to the purpose of the meeting since you didn't like it?

So you kept your mouth shut and didn't ask any questions or bring up any issues? If so, then you have nothing to bitch about since you didn't take part in the meeting.

Kind of like voting, if you don't do it, you don't have anything to bitch about.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Yes. Still would help if she was more articulate. Knowing the laws of 4 states is easy. I practice in 3 and it's piece of cake.

Since it's so easy, why don't you volunteer for the job since you think you can do a better job. At least we finally have an NRA-ILA rep that is willing to invest some time and effort in Maryland. Where were you and why didn't you complain to Wayne and Ed about the last NRA-ILA rep that never did a damn thing in this state?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom