• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Ok, it is the raw version... but a great receiver set nonetheless. Light as a feather. For those enquiring minds... I have not a single reliability issue after many cases of ammo. Of course, if you run a suppressor, it's very gassy.

I have seen a few of these rifles in the wild at AGC. For 556, custom builds because F-1 does not do "HBAR" for 556. Strictly speaking, the receiver set is not truly AR15 / Colt compatible because (besides the obvious lack of forward assist and ejection port cover) there are some small parts incompatibilities like the buffer retainer pin and bolt catch release pin. They provide these, they are threaded- the bolt catch release pin in particular is NOT a roll pin. So dont try to jam one in. You will never get it out.

Despite the incompatibilities, it's never been submitted to MDSP, and I dont recommend it. Theree are probably a handful of people in MD who know the nuances of the small parts differences. mdsp is not among them.

https://www.rainierarms.com/f-1-firearms-raw-bdr-udr-overrun-receiver-set-black-friday-exclusive/
    img_0715-1.jpg

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Ok, it is the raw version... but a great receiver set nonetheless. Light as a feather. For those enquiring minds... I have not a single reliability issue after many cases of ammo. Of course, if you run a suppressor, it's very gassy.

I have seen a few of these rifles in the wild at AGC. For 556, custom builds because F-1 does not do "HBAR" for 556. Strictly speaking, the receiver set is not truly AR15 / Colt compatible because (besides the obvious lack of forward assist and ejection port cover) there are some small parts incompatibilities like the buffer retainer pin and bolt catch release pin. They provide these, they are threaded- the bolt catch release pin in particular is NOT a roll pin. So dont try to jam one in. You will never get it out.

Despite the incompatibilities, it's never been submitted to MDSP, and I dont recommend it. Theree are probably a handful of people in MD who know the nuances of the small parts differences. mdsp is not among them.

https://www.rainierarms.com/f-1-firearms-raw-bdr-udr-overrun-receiver-set-black-friday-exclusive/
    img_0715-1.jpg

So you have to shoot it with eye protection and a derka-derka scarf.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom