• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • huesmann

n00b
    Mar 23, 2012
    Silver Spring, MD
    So what it's sounding like is every range that allows rifles allows AR-15s.
    Obviously pistol ranges wouldn't allow rifles of any sort, AR or otherwise.
    Well, I'm sure you could shoot a pistol-caliber (22LR, 9mm) AR at any range that allowed pistol calibers, even if they didn't normally allow rifles, as long as you were able to demonstrate to the management that you would only be shooting pistol caliber ammo.

bangbangbye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 2, 2012
    one that i found recently that i really like is Silver Eagle in ashburn. seems like a long way, but without traffic, it's the same driving time from bethesda as NRA. downside is it is more expensive. pretty impressive place though. has it's pluses and minus like NRA. i would rate them similarly. Not sure why you would drive right by nra to go to lorton though? Another option out there is Blue ridge near dulles airport. These ar all indoor of course. the best one nearest moco outdoors i have been to is the iwl near damascus. very nice. Out of all of them i like silver eagle the best. check them out.

http://www.silvereaglegroup.com/

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Well, I'm sure you could shoot a pistol-caliber (22LR, 9mm) AR at any range that allowed pistol calibers, even if they didn't normally allow rifles, as long as you were able to demonstrate to the management that you would only be shooting pistol caliber ammo.
    Not really. Most pistol ranges have velocity limits and without exception almost all pistol caliber carbines are prohibited. At MPC we allow anything that shoots .22LR (no FA or mechanical bumpfire systems) but no pistol caliber carbines. Our basic limit is 1350 FPS, except for 2 lanes in the Bullseye range that allow 1500 FPS for sighting in only. I have to make up downloaded ammo for my USPSA open gun to shoot steel matches at the club.

FI$H

Oct 11, 2011
    Just come to IWLA with me one day I'll bring you as a guest.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Biff_N

Jan 7, 2010
    You would need to join a club to get access but the AGC may be a good.option for you. Check out the website, www.associatedgunclubs.org

There are many clubs with different interests, requirements for membership and their dues vary. For one location there are many options. But it is all outdoors.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Cresap on Sundays is still about the closest to MoCo. 50 and 100 yard targets. You get 4 targets setup in your lane, one on each side of your lane number at each distance. No time contraints and you pay a set fee for targets and setup and then you are good to go for as long as you want. For those that reload, if the case hits the ground it is theirs. I use a brass catcher on my ARs

iobidder

1 point'er
    Nov 11, 2011
    Everywhere
    Nope, but the NRA Range in Fairfax (RT 66 and RT 50) allows anything up to a 460 Weatherby magnum. 50 yard range. Excellent facility. Good staff. 25 minutes from Bethesda

That's where I shoot my my 223 and my 300 BLK.

NRA RANGE

ETA-or check out an Izaak Walton Chapter

BCC in Poolesville
    Wildlife Achievement-Damascus
    Rockville in Germantown

Sure if are going at 2AM to Fairfax....lol

Gilberts in Rockville

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Come and shoot as our guest at our Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club 100 yard steel plate rifle shoot at the Associated Gun Clubs on Feb 9th from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. You are also welcome to come to our steel plate pistol shoot on Feb 23rd at the AGC Pistol range. Send me a PM if you can make it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom