• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    Busted out of workmearly to shoot the new glock 33. Have never fired a .357 sig and wasn’t sure what to expect. First, the trigger was crisp. Second, the gun had less recoil than my G27 and any .45 i have shot except a sw 625. Very easy to hold on target over 5-6 quick shots. More slowly, shot small groups off hand, one and two handed, at 7 yds. Shot 100 FMJ with no hitch. Began to loose focus. Then switched to speer gold dot JHP. Loading all 10rds ( 9+1) the third rd ( 2nd down in the mag) did not addvance and appeared nose to feed ramp until racked. Happened 2/2 times. Switched to sig JHP and 20 went thru with no hitch. I will shoot a couple more boxes of FMJ and then shoot the gold dots again. If the glock is ammo finicky, the sigs are fine. Maybe i did not push the rds all the way to the rear of the mag. Anyway, I like it.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I've never heard of Glocks being finicky. Are some of the models? Maybe it just needs cleaned and lubed and then shoot the heck outta it some more.

Yup. Will shoot it a lot. Like it a lot. Will experiment with different ammo. Maybe the speers a tad longer. Maybe the mags.

We did have FTE issues with a new 42. Went back to glock via dealer. Some new parts and new mags. G43 and 27 work as expected. Feed/eject all ammo. Was never a glock fine even tho have the 27 for 20 yrs. have become one for size, weight, reliability, cost. They are even looking good.

3paul10

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2012
    Western Maryland
    I have lots of Glocks but no 357 Sig.....none of mine seem finicky but I cant say I experiment with a lot of different ammo......just a guess, was it real hot ammo and you were limp wristing? It can happen, and Glocks are prone to it....

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I have lots of Glocks but no 357 Sig.....none of mine seem finicky but I cant say I experiment with a lot of different ammo......just a guess, was it real hot ammo and you were limp wristing? It can happen, and Glocks are prone to it....

Ammo was factory. Was not limp wristing ( which could have been the trouble with my wife and the 42, but that gun was ammo senstive as i have found a number of 9mm shorts to be). The problem here is interesting because it happened 2 times and both, it involved the 2nd rd down in the mag. The first 2 rds fired and the third rd remained in the mag, horizontal, and the nose was touching the feed ramp and not being elevated by the spring. I can’t recall now, but the slide was probably locked back, because slingshotting it chambered the rd. I ran 20 of the sig performance hollow pts thru with no trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom