• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    You're not crazy. If I've not mistaken, there's a county range behind Sparrow's Point CC, just across Bear Creek from you. I'm trying to find the coordinates for ya.

I think this is it: http://binged.it/15uEbzc

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This is crazy, but your question has picked a nerve. I've literally been trying to figure this out with googlefu for the past hour... A drive down Grays rd to Wire Mill rd is in order for the morning, lol.

Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    You think it could be the Stoney Creek Fishing & Hunting Club at 9090 Fort Smallwood Road, Pasadena, MD 21122. A bit distant, don't know if that would be within sound range?
    I know that BCPD have a range in Timonium and Glen Arm...curious if they have another around Dundalk.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    This is crazy, but your question has picked a nerve. I've literally been trying to figure this out with googlefu for the past hour... A drive down Grays rd to Wire Mill rd is in order for the morning, lol.

It is an old police trap/skeet range . Make a right at the end of Greys road and head for the train bridge , it backs up to the country club of the right . As far as I know it is not in use anymore, it was abandoned when we used to run dirt bikes back there 20 years ago . It is easier to get to if you park on Peninsula before the draw bridge heading from the point to Merritt and walk in .

This time of year what you're probably hearing is duck hunters out on the water . It could also be some of the demo they are doing at the Point .

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    Here are some pics..

Attachments

• range2.jpg
      range2.jpg
      64.8 KB · Views: 345
    • range.jpg
      range.jpg
      88.6 KB · Views: 261

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    The clays range at the club is closed. Right now you're probably hearing people duck hunting. I have hunted off bear creek and back river (across from sp)

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    The Skeet/Trap ranges at Sparrows Point CC have been closed for years. Once the shooters at the club all passed away, they closed it down. My friend, Bill Kalwa (RIP) was one of the last to shoot there. I've only been there twice.

But there is a pistol range that used to be used for Sparrow Point Police. Maybe Baltimore County or some other agency is using it again. In the picture above, look at the clearing to the right of the Skeet/Trap range. That is a pistol range. Almost forgot it was there.

Jim Smith

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    If things hasn't changed there was a gate at the end of the county road. Then its probably almost 1/2 mile to the ranges. Well, it's more than 1/4 of a mile.

The CC wanted to shut down the skeet/trap range for some time before the last guy passed away. The snooty portion of the club didn't want to be disturbed when putting for that beer on the 18th or whatever. They got their wish about a year before Bill passed on. I don't remember the CC having an issue (at least not publicly) about the police pistol range. I may make a few phone calls to the CC to see if anything could be done. They are opening up the CC to all citizens now, so maybe they would like to have another 50-100 new members that won't mess up their tee times.

What do ya think!
    Jim Smith

lax

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Baldwin
    If things hasn't changed there was a gate at the end of the county road. Then its probably almost 1/2 mile to the ranges. Well, it's more than 1/4 of a mile.

The CC wanted to shut down the skeet/trap range for some time before the last guy passed away. The snooty portion of the club didn't want to be disturbed when putting for that beer on the 18th or whatever. They got their wish about a year before Bill passed on. I don't remember the CC having an issue (at least not publicly) about the police pistol range. I may make a few phone calls to the CC to see if anything could be done. They are opening up the CC to all citizens now, so maybe they would like to have another 50-100 new members that won't mess up their tee times.

What do ya think!
    Jim Smith

The club has been open to everyone for better than 20 years. As far as I know they are planning to use that back property for houses over looking the course and or water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom