• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    I use a big max tool box. Stays standing up so the hoppes doesn't fall over and leak. And if anything does leak, it leaks in the box, not the car. It's big enough to hold my front rest if i choose to put it in there. But it is mostly for bullets, muffs, plugs, cleaning stuff, and tools.

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    I have used various sized toolboxes and gym bags. The two gym bags I use now were from the NRA, one was free and one [the big one for scopes and scope stands and ammo] was on sale for $20. If you know you are going to shoot in competition you may as well just get the shooting stool, or the box with a spotting scope mount, or gun rack on wheels, whatever your competition goes for. I have a high power cart and I use it for competition and for the range, it is real handy to carry things in, and I can sit on it if I get tired. It is more than I need at most ranges, but if I am at a high power match it is more convenient.

SC to MD

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 8, 2016
    I purchased the gps handgunner backpack... one of my best purchases yet.

I live in a condo so I needed something not so flashy. I tried a small suitcase but that did not work well. I wanted a backpack... so I went to amazon and found this: https://www.amazon.com/G-P-S-GPS-17...8&qid=1469245872&sr=8-1&keywords=gun+backpack

Well worth the money. I keep everything in one place... has a lock for guns (car transport). Has a slot for four guns, although, you can fit more handguns other places, if you really wanted. I never want to shoot more than four so I'm good there.

I replaced the red pulls with black pulls. The top can hold more rounds than I can shoot. I love this thing... so nice having ammo, guns, ear protection, eyes, mags, etc all in one place.

All I have to do is pickup the bag, fill with ammo and whatever guns I want to shoot and off I go.

SuperMag

Citizen--not "Subject"
    Nov 30, 2011
    Maryland
    Craftsman hard-bottom tool bag. The hard bottom is critical.

Every range bag I've tried (even expensive brand names) start to fall apart after moderate use; the zippers fail, stitching comes apart...

Tool bags are made to carry 20+ lbs of actual hardware. Perfect for pistols, ammo, and range tools.

No need to waste your $$ so you can look tacticool :lol2:

nerfherder

Apr 22, 2011
    right here
    I was checking this out. Is it durable? You saying, "Its ok." Gives me pause.

It's definitely a great for the way it organizes your gear- everything has a marked spot so you're never hunting around wondering where a particular item is. And it you're only shooting pistols that day, you can carry your guns, ammo, eyes/ears, and other small stuff in one backpack.

I have issues fitting my ear protection (folded) in the pocket designated for those things, and I wish it also has room for more ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Craftsman hard-bottom tool bag. The hard bottom is critical.

Every range bag I've tried (even expensive brand names) start to fall apart after moderate use; the zippers fail, stitching comes apart...

Tool bags are made to carry 20+ lbs of actual hardware. Perfect for pistols, ammo, and range tools.

No need to waste your $$ so you can look tacticool :lol2:

That hard bottom in a tool bag is just the ticket when you are toting 3-4 boxes of ammo.

With a regular bag you get an awful sag in the bottom, which can attract the curious, who wonder "what's that guy got that's so HEAVY--a coin collection?

Yep, a tool bag is it for me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      86.3 KB · Views: 207

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Use a long, hard-bottom tool bag like this for stealth...to carry something like a break-down Ruger 10/22...

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      107 KB · Views: 198

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I go find carry-on travel bags or something similar at the thrift store. Most have many pockets for organization and are built to take a hefty load. People just get tired of perfectly serviceable bags and they end up at the thrift store. My current one was a whopping $4.

Pstango

Sep 21, 2011
    Mary Esther, FL

Attachments

• image.jpeg
      image.jpeg
      75.6 KB · Views: 172

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    I've been using the bag below, which I got this year at the cigarfest. I really like this bag; it has tons of space for everything I need. While you wouldn't be able to get the exact bag, cigar international does have a black one for sale on their site at a pretty reasonable price ($90).

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/miscellaneous/103583/northern-pike-excursion-duffle/

I got the same one from Cigarfest. Although it's not a terrible bag, the quality is that of a Chinese knockoff, and IMO, not worth $90. Maxpedition makes the bag this is based off of, and would be a better way to spend that much money.

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    I have the large range bag from Midway USA that I really like. I also use a big plastic tote from Wal Mart that I leave in my vehicle at the range. The tote I use to carry extra targets, gun cleaning supplies, some tools, a sight vise, and anything else that I think I may need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom