• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I was on Grab A Gun dot com last night not really intending to buy anything when the Tikka rifle I was looking at had a link "Click Here for an Offer". I did and filled in my Email. The offer sent to me was $139.55 off of $628. I thought "hell, I'll take it". And it's now on it's way to one of our IPs for transfer to me.

It pays to window shop. :party29:

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Anybody know if they will ship guns to MD without the oversize mags?

Here's another possibility; pick an FFL in PA (like High Rock Outfitters). Problem solved because now you pick the rifle up in PA, which is legal. The only scenario where this won't work is hand guns. You'll have to get you hand gun through an FFL here.

[EDIT] I have been told that you can't be sold the rifle with the mag even if it's in PA.

Last edited:

MULE-JK

Stiff Member
    Sep 7, 2013
    Mt. Airy
    You might want to edit your post since MD has recently explicitly said that what you're suggesting is illegal.

https://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=216210&d=1508186812

So if you drove to PA, VA, etc, pulled up next to your favorite coffee house that provides free wifi, logged on to your favorite webernetz devise, ordered up said rifle with +10 round magazine, had it shipped to your favorite out of state FFL and picked it up there when it arrived it sounds like you'd be just fine.

It also sounds like the seller would be breaking the law, not the purchaser or transferring FFL. How in the world is this even prosecutable. The seller has no idea where you are when you make the purchase.

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    You might want to edit your post since MD has recently explicitly said that what you're suggesting is illegal.

https://www.mdshooters.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=216210&d=1508186812

Ok - don't do anything illegal. That being said I ask; you can't buy a rifle from an FFL in PA as a Maryland resident - if said rifle is legal in Maryland?

[EDIT] Ok - I just read your notice. This is fairly recent, yes? Anyways - that is pretty plain. Can't get a high cap mag as part of the purchase.

[EDIT 2] Course you could just go to another shop and buy a high cap mag while in PA as a separate transaction, yes?

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    So if you drove to PA, VA, etc, pulled up next to your favorite coffee house that provides free wifi, logged on to your favorite webernetz devise, ordered up said rifle with +10 round magazine, had it shipped to your favorite out of state FFL and picked it up there when it arrived it sounds like you'd be just fine.

It also sounds like the seller would be breaking the law, not the purchaser or transferring FFL. How in the world is this even prosecutable. The seller has no idea where you are when you make the purchase.

I'm not a lawyer but it looks like he's right as I read the above mentioned notice.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017

It not only applies at to where the deal was hatched, it also applies to simply being a MD resident, not just where the transaction takes place. Just like you can't walk into an out of state gun store and purchase a AK47 rifle. Once they see your MD id it's a no sale, if they're following the law.

Ok - don't do anything illegal. That being said I ask; you can't buy a rifle from an FFL in PA as a Maryland resident - if said rifle is legal in Maryland?

[EDIT] Ok - I just read your notice. This is fairly recent, yes? Anyways - that is pretty plain.

Yes, you can buy a rifle out of state BUT that rifle AND mag must be must be MD legal.

Buy rifle without mag perfectly legal.
    Buy mag as a separate purchase perfectly legal
    Buy rifle with non compliant magazine as part of purchase = no no

The whole thing is ridiculous beyond words !

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It not only applies at to where the deal was hatched, it also applies to simply being a MD resident, not just where the transaction takes place. Just like you can't walk into an out of state gun store and purchase a AK47 rifle. Once they see your MD id it's a no sale, if they're following the law.

Yes, you can buy a rifle out of state BUT that rifle AND mag must be must be MD legal.

Buy rifle without mag perfectly legal.
    Buy mag as a separate purchase perfectly legal
    Buy rifle with non compliant magazine as part of purchase = no no

The whole thing is ridiculous beyond words !

Well thanks for the info. It is not worth breaking the law and getting in trouble for a single magazine.

[EDIT] AND - if you are on Grab A Gun, make sure you explore the "Get An Offer" link, you might get a great deal, with or without the mag!!

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    I don't go to Grab a Gun anymore, the "new on consignment" and "just came in used stuff" threads from our IPs here are dangerous enough to my wallet!

:drool:

Sigfan77

My dog loves his Sig, too
    Feb 8, 2017
    Fredneck, PRM
    Nope, a friend recommended Grab a Gun to me....that was almost a very long and expensive night on the interwebz. Good thing the wife came in and caught me before I got myself in trouble. Besides, between FFL fees and shipping, I got my Ruger Lightweight Commander locally for only about $20 more.
    Whew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom