• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kwaters4

Aug 14, 2012
    Fallston
    Boston bombings were truly terrible. Seeing the police go door to door pulling people out of their houses really put things into perspective for me as well as a lot of other people. Everyone I talk to always says how they will resist if the police come for their guns but after seeing water town and how little anyone actually resisted. Being forcibly removed from their house brings me to my question. what would you do? what would you do if police came to your house with no warning? you didn't do anything wrong nor were you aware of what was happening. I have tried to put thought to this and all that i have come up with is there has to be a line in the sand somewhere

tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    To quote Lazerous Long:

"Keep your clothes and your weapons where you can find them in a hurry... In the dark..."

-t

JVP409

Jan 31, 2013
    Bel Air
    You have to draw a line when the police are looking to protect you and find a terrorist in your neighborhood?? Way to take a stand

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    Sgt Preston here...

Give the serious situation on the ground in Watertown = a massive manhunt for armed killers,

First, I'd unload my weapons when the police showed up & put them in plain sight...

Then I'd welcome them inside my house...

I have nothing to hide & they are there to help all of us...

All of my weapons are legally owned & were purchased in accordance with all the laws..?

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie
    Sgt Preston here...

Give the serious situation on the ground in Watertown = a massive manhunt for armed killers,

First, I'd unload my weapons when the police showed up & put them in plain sight...

Then I'd welcome them inside my house...

I have nothing to hide & they are there to help all of us...

All of my weapons are legally owned & were purchased in accordance with all the laws..?

Problem is, they didn't just knock on the door and ask to come in. They literally beat on the door in full Tac Gear, with dozens of officers with automatic weapons. When the home owner opens the door they grab him and throw him out of the house, and then force everybody else out of the house at gun point with their hands in the air and force them to a place where they are frisked and detained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8&feature=player_embedded

This was just one house. How many more people did this happen to. If they did not have a warrant, they should not go into a house like that. If the people inside say they are good, you go to the next house. Never before in this country have we conceded our 4th amendment rights because a bad guy is in the neighborhood.

kwaters4

Aug 14, 2012
    Fallston
    The question isn't if you were in water town. The doomsday theory of the government coming to take your guns, lets say they started in your neighborhood. what would you do? watertown was a situation in which a terrorist was on the loose, a man hunt. Even still what would people say if you told someone 50 years ago that heavily armored police would have the ability in a government stated crisis to come into your house and search it with no cause other then it was deemed necessary. Man hunt or not my home is my home.

chillman

Sep 20, 2012
    Annapolis
    Why would anyone object or interfere to a search under those circumstances? In that situation they can look anywhere they want in my house or property. I'm sure objection to a search would draw more suspicion. Like it or not when the FBI is looking for a terrorist you don't have a lot of rights, they are going to do what they need to do to and deal with any problems with homeowners later.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Why would anyone object or interfere to a search under those circumstances? In that situation they can look anywhere they want in my house or property. I'm sure objection to a search would draw more suspicion. Like it or not when the FBI is looking for a terrorist you don't have a lot of rights, they are going to do what they need to do to and deal with any problems with homeowners later.

Then where would you draw the line?

As if we had the ability to draw a line.

webb297

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2010
    Bowie

The only rights you dont have, are the ones you give up willingly. Your rights go away when a Judge signs a warrant saying they do, or an officer of the law sees you acting in a way that is illegal or that puts yourself or others in danger. When Agents of the government can just enter any home, at any time, because they feel it is important, that is called tyranny. This time it is because a 19 year old who placed a couple of bombs (not trying to belittle the suffering of the victims, just stating facts) terrorist is in the area. This give armed men the right to throw me out of my house at gunpoint? No. It took the FBI 3 days to put enough pressure on them to find them when healthy and when they had the advantage of anonymity. How long do you think it would have taken them to find him after his brother had just been shot and he was bleeding from a neck wound? OK, so terrorist in the neighborhood - makes the 4th amendment null and void - how about a bank robber? Serial killer? Rapist? Gun owner? Being free has a cost. We have the constitutional right to be secure in our houses from the government without warrant, with this right come the risk that they might not be safe.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Post a sign on the door saying the house is secured and searched already and they are free to search the property. Anyone attempting to enter will be deemed a home invader and treated as such.

And a little PS note

"I have more bullets than you if you want to play games.

Then signed.

If they knock I'll open a window upstairs and tell them to go away.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    As if we had the ability to draw a line.

Exactly. You can have 10 Ak's and 10,000 rounds of ammo but you'll be out gunned, out flanked, and maybe burned to the ground like Chris Dorner.

84EACD87861FA786EDE14492D719_h316_w628_m5_cduLlthRr.jpg

o-WATERTOWN-POLICE-HUNT-BOSTON-BOMBING-SUSPECT-570.jpg

police-house.jpg

014A24A3-C6F0-421A-8C8B-782B6711733B_w640_r1_s.jpg

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    The only rights you dont have, are the ones you give up willingly. Your rights go away when a Judge signs a warrant saying they do, or an officer of the law sees you acting in a way that is illegal or that puts yourself or others in danger. When Agents of the government can just enter any home, at any time, because they feel it is important, that is called tyranny. This time it is because a 19 year old who placed a couple of bombs (not trying to belittle the suffering of the victims, just stating facts) terrorist is in the area. This give armed men the right to throw me out of my house at gunpoint? No. It took the FBI 3 days to put enough pressure on them to find them when healthy and when they had the advantage of anonymity. How long do you think it would have taken them to find him after his brother had just been shot and he was bleeding from a neck wound? OK, so terrorist in the neighborhood - makes the 4th amendment null and void - how about a bank robber? Serial killer? Rapist? Gun owner? Being free has a cost. We have the constitutional right to be secure in our houses from the government without warrant, with this right come the risk that they might not be safe.

At the moment is happens, it comes down to what are you willing to fight and possibly die for. Me? LEOs searching for a terrorist in the neighborhood, probably not. I'd cooperate. Coming for me and my guns and crapping on 2A and 4A, it might be a fight.

R1125

Apr 11, 2013
    Frederick
    Problem is, they didn't just knock on the door and ask to come in. They literally beat on the door in full Tac Gear, with dozens of officers with automatic weapons. When the home owner opens the door they grab him and throw him out of the house, and then force everybody else out of the house at gun point with their hands in the air and force them to a place where they are frisked and detained.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8&feature=player_embedded

This was just one house. How many more people did this happen to. If they did not have a warrant, they should not go into a house like that. If the people inside say they are good, you go to the next house. Never before in this country have we conceded our 4th amendment rights because a bad guy is in the neighborhood.

I watched the video. That really pisses me off. I really starting to think the police and federal officials are above the law. How many lawsuits do you think are going to come from this.

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Good Lord...look at those photos. I'm just curious, and I doubt anyone has the answer, but how many people were victims of violent crime in Boston last week? That is a massive response to hunt down one perp, crappy homemade pipe bombs or not. It's been said before, but I think 5 "terrorists" would be enough to warrant martial law and cripple the country. At lease these guys didn't shoot every pickup that drove by, like the LAPD.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I watched the video. That really pisses me off. I really starting to think the police and federal officials are above the law. How many lawsuits do you think are going to come from this.

None that would be allowed to proceed / win.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    They shouldn't be able to come in w/o permission. I'd give them free reign to search outside my house. I would hope I'd know if someone had broken in. But I would't stop them if they threw me out (not willing to die for that.)

I see big $$$ lawsuits coming for what they did. As much as I think the man was a terrorist and needed to be found, they don't get to violate the constitution to do it. Not even a tiny little bit. If Im a little less safe because they can't search or wire-tap willy-nilly, so be it. Thats the price of FREEDOM.

RwWilly

Jan 1, 2013
    Harford, Kingsville
    I want the terrorist caught. That said I'd cooperate to a home search but search and sue to being manhandled like a thug.
    I have nothing to hide...but that is not the reason for unreasonable search and seizure. What if they came back to check your guns? What if they said they saw to many prescription bottles on the counter. What if your dog chewed up your poly gun and you were giving him what for when they came. Would they come back to investigate after the public safety threat was removed? What if you were drunk having a "terrorist gets shot" party and they took offense?
    I watched that vid and it was offensive to me. I don't mind them looking around but they need to treat the paying public with respect.
    My $.02

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom