• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MTHall720

Jan 15, 2012
    When I first moved to MD I was so discouraged I just gave up. Now I want to keep up with what is going on. My question is are there ever any organized rallies/demonstration? Regional ones? Only in Annapolis?

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    MSI typically organizes them. Probably won't be any planned until the legislative session starts. Of course if they want to do one sooner and I'm off work, I will be there. More of us need to get involved now. Perhaps if Kaminetz (sp?) holds another anti speech in Towson we could protest it?

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    MSI is going to be extremely busy next month working the halls of the General Assembly and testifying before the House and Senate judiciary committees.

We hope to "rally" as many people as possible to the cause.

Please, consider attending and/or participating in the hearing process. Guidance will be forthcoming as to how and when...stay tuned to this forum.

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    MSI generally does set all this up, and yes... there are some common-sense guidelines for them.

Speaking for myself here--We represent our own interests best when we present our positions responsibly and respectfully, armed only with facts and good atitudes.

Gathering anywhere should be a good thing, but it could easily be a disservice to the cause to be there in camo/tac gear, challenging people, and being angry. We are responsible gun owners, and need to show as responsible citizens as well.

That said, anyone who hasn't already joined MSI, SAF, etc. and can afford to do so, should.

I'm sure there will be more guidance coming in the next couple weeks on specifics we can do, and how we can do it.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    If you (collectively) can do only one thing...please, attend the upcoming hearings.

There is power in numbers.

Gay rights folks show up by the thousands. In other states, 2A people show up by the thousands just to protest minor hunting or carrying changes they feel infringe on their 2A. Here in md, the typical judicial committee gun-day hearing only draws 30-50 people. The people there testifying have actively caused bills to be thrown out or changed to become less of an infringement. People need to show the F up to these things and make their voice heard....orrr....their voice WONT be heard and they'll be left bitching about the new gun restrictions. Even if you can't get off of work, just send in a written testimony on the issues and blow up your local representatives offices with phone calls and emails.

We've gotten off light the past few legislative sessions because of our growing voice and other more important things distracting them. This session is gloves-off fisticuffs with both sides preparing to dig in their heels and start pushing. We need all the help we can get in this single-party state with a radically anti-gun governor.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    We have to show up in force. I fear that if we have another rally, with our usual attendance of 100 people (on a federal/state holiday) it's just going to fuel the antis fire.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    Joining MSI doesn't require money to get the emails from them with instructions on how to write/email your legislatures. Of course money is helpful, but don't let that keep you from the email alerts...(it's never like spam).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom