• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    We need to raise hell.

Yes, I know there are threads dedicated to the Gov Omalley's 77r form debacle but this is absolutely an atrocious abuse of authority. If you have a form 77r pending (waiting for not-disapproved) YOUR information has most likely been compromised. That is, your personal information to include your name, address and SSN have been disclosed to NON-LAW enforcement personnel within other agencies in the state of MD.

When signing the form, we DID NOT entrust other MD state agencies with our personal info.

RAISE HELL MONDAY! RAISE HELL EVERY DAY!

Mr H

Banana'd
    We need to raise hell.

Yes, I know there are threads dedicated to the Gov Omalley's 77r form debacle but this is absolutely an atrocious abuse of authority. If you have a form 77r pending (waiting for not-disapproved) YOUR information has most likely been compromised. That is, your personal information to include your name, address and SSN have been disclosed to NON-LAW enforcement personnel within other agencies in the state of MD.

When signing the form, we DID NOT entrust other MD state agencies with our personal info.

Preach on, Brother 123!!

I've been saying this for months, but now (and I hope it's not too late) we have a concrete example of why we need to be on them like flies on a cowpie.

Thanks for hollering!!

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    We need to raise hell.

Already raising hell dude! Monday it gets reported as a third party PII breach to a Federal security CID and everyone who works there I know of will be told to do the same thing.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Not only compromised within the state agencies.

The information has been ported to removable media and distributed all over the state for processing and now resides on several networks (per the press release).That means one slip up and the information becomes available to anyone. One person in the chain shares that information or does not dispose of the information properly and we are compromised...

What they have done is a massive breach of public trust. In order to exercise a fundamental right in this state, we had to supply the information under the guise of confidentiality being provided by the MSP.

They obviously had this planned for quite some time and did not notify us nor seek our agreement/release of information to conduct the checks in this fashion.

This cannot stand.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Wonder not about what we know; wonder instead about what we do not know.

If they're capable of this, knowing it would go public.... What in heaven's holy, absolutely appalling hell coud be next?

Morals, value, integrity, honor, legal basis...all immaterial to these people. No common sense. Where do they think this type of action will stop?? Sanctimonious bastards.

JasonB

Ultimate Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Belcamp
    We need to blow up everyone's phones as soon as they get in the office on Monday. MSP and all of the agencies listed.

Bog them down and make them deal with the fallout from this.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Already raising hell dude! Monday it gets reported as a third party PII breach to a Federal security CID and everyone who works there I know of will be told to do the same thing.

Oh, my. You're right. This is going to get very interesting. Particularly as you have people with high-level security clearances who've been compromised.

juan_galto

This is my user title
    Oct 23, 2011

This, I don't understand. How does a PII breach by state government relate to an individual's federal security concerns? Not to diminish the concern here, but your (and my) names, addresses, and SSNs are all over if someone were inclined to find them. Not trying to flame--just want to understand.

S1owJam

Bad Man Stopper Man
    Jan 10, 2013
    Abingdon, MD

I'm in the same boat as you boss. I'm curious as to what my security officers have to say about this...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    This, I don't understand. How does a PII breach by state government relate to an individual's federal security concerns? Not to diminish the concern here, but your (and my) names, addresses, and SSNs are all over if someone were inclined to find them. Not trying to flame--just want to understand.

Honestly I would be more worried about some Ed Snowden wannabe on a crusade turning Marylander's gun applications into a app of who the owners are in the public domain (ala New York) than someone planning a few physical or identity thefts

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama

Because the regs require us to report it for one. Because it is so detailed with so much more information on one form than usual for two. PII breach is some serious shit in some lines of work.

I'm in the same boat as you boss. I'm curious as to what my security officers have to say about this...

I'm betting quite a few folks are and don't even realize it.

Honestly I would be more worried about some Ed Snowden wannabe on a crusade turning Marylander's gun applications into a app of who the owners are in the public domain (ala New York) than someone planning a few thefts.

I'm worried about that and identity theft, that does not mean my agency might not be worried about other issues.

Last edited:

nedsurf

Ultimate Member
    Feb 8, 2013
    I got to confront Sen . Kelley today at the Catonsville street fair today. I told her I would actively support her challenger only because of her SB281 vote. She is the one who went on about how veterans can't be trusted with guns because they have PTSD. :mad54:

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I got to confront Sen . Kelley today at the Catonsville street fair today. I told her I would actively support her challenger only because of her SB281 vote. She is the one who went on about how veterans can't be trusted with guns because they have PTSD. :mad54:

Listening to her was infuriating. She kept bringing up veterans during the 281 hearings....

S1owJam

Bad Man Stopper Man
    Jan 10, 2013
    Abingdon, MD

what was her reaction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ObsidianCC

Latest threads

Top Bottom