Rail covers for carbine length build - what do you recommend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I ended up getting a set four 11-rib covers of P&S rail covers from Ebay for a whopping $27.50 - I don't know if they are Chi-com copies, or just surplus of the real deal. We had our M4's out at Drill this last weekend and we don't have Knights Armament on ours - ours are P&S, which apparently also got a contract to produce them.

In any case, the only rail position they'll lock into is the very last one - maybe it's wider than an actual picatinny rail slot, but they don't look half bad.

C10434A9-BD95-47FB-962F-765E34A06AA0.jpeg

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    I ended up getting a set four 11-rib covers of P&S rail covers from Ebay for a whopping $27.50 - I don't know if they are Chi-com copies, or just surplus of the real deal. We had our M4's out at Drill this last weekend and we don't have Knights Armament on ours - ours are P&S, which apparently also got a contract to produce them.

In any case, the only rail position they'll lock into is the very last one - maybe it's wider than an actual picatinny rail slot, but they don't look half bad.

View attachment 405739
    Sand the locking clips a bit if they don't fit the other slots.

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    Sand the locking clips a bit if they don't fit the other slots.
    I'd like to have them centered on the rail or have the top and bottom aligned with the side panels, but it's not that important that they are. This is my kinda-sorta M4 clone build, meaning the barrel is an HBAR, and it's a mid-length rifle rather than a true carbine, but I wanted it to have a similar aesthetic. Functionally a free-floated rail would probably be better, but this isn't my only AR - this is just the AR I'm building to look like an M4 - and I have other ARs for functionality.

I'm happy enough with these panels, but I might try sanding the clips just a bit to see if I can get them to lock into the other rails slots.

I also have a pack of Larue clips on the way - if all else fails, I can add a couple of those to the upper and bottom rail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom