• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Starquest88

Feb 26, 2019
    I just got an email from Brownells advertising Radical Firearms new rifle the FR16. Would it be considered a copycat weapon or legal for MD residents to purchase?

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Since the barrel profile is described in the listing as a "socom" profile, it is not sufficient, if adhering to the MSP clarification/interpretation and definition they have set for an HBAR or Heavy Barrel rifle.

The rifle or barrel must be marked or described explicitly in the manufacturers product listing as "Heavy" or HBAR" profile. Actual profile and barrel weight is irrelevant, according to the MSP clarification.

Also, I would do some research into Radical Firearms before purchasing. They have many, many bad marks against them, pretty much universally among the gun community and on youtube. I'd take a complete Anderson or Palmetto State Armory rifle over a Radical any day of the week.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Where is this mythical MSP qualifier for barrel profile? (other than what people here "think" it means)

I have a Radical upper in 300BO on one of my SCRs and it's a tack driver...maybe I just got lucky..

MSP issued an advisory back in 2014ish stating that a barrel is automatically HBAR if it is marked or advertised as HBAR, heavy barrel, heavy profile, etc...

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Where is this mythical MSP qualifier for barrel profile? (other than what people here "think" it means)

I have a Radical upper in 300BO on one of my SCRs and it's a tack driver...maybe I just got lucky..

The heavy barrel requirement for MD also only applies to .223/5.56. 300blk barrels are not included in this.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Since the barrel profile is described in the listing as a "socom" profile, it is not sufficient, if adhering to the MSP clarification/interpretation and definition they have set for an HBAR or Heavy Barrel rifle.

The rifle or barrel must be marked or described explicitly in the manufacturers product listing as "Heavy" or HBAR" profile. Actual profile and barrel weight is irrelevant, according to the MSP clarification.

Also, I would do some research into Radical Firearms before purchasing. They have many, many bad marks against them, pretty much universally among the gun community and on youtube. I'd take a complete Anderson or OVER A Palmetto State Armory rifle over and a Radical any day of the week.

FIFY.....:D

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    FIFY.....:D

I'd take a PSA over an Anderson honestly, especially PSA's "premium" line with FN barrels.

My only catastrophic malfunction was with an Anderson barrel. Non concentric muzzle threads caused a major baffle strike, from end to end, on a suppressor. It's my fault for not checking, and yes, the muzzle device was mounted correctly using precision shims.

Thankfully silencerco is an amazing company and re-cored it at no charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Marty S.

Latest threads

Top Bottom