• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Universal Background Checks...The Holy Grail of the Radical Leftist Gun Grabbers and Infringers to register our legally-owned Constitutionally-protected property f for purposes of confiscating it later.

Embracing UBSs is Quisling at it’s worst.

The are no informed or educated Constitution-loving members here that are licking the boots of the Leftists to welcome UBCs.

But others are.

I risked arrest lecturing the Democrat traitors from the House Gallery about punishing law-abiding citizens because we won’t vote for them!

Then to come back to MDS to read about those who welcome yet more post FSA2013 interference and infringement in our lives is...well, you fill in the curse words....
    I think you are worse than the politicians who support additional infringement.

I don't get why the Mods allow you to post your antigun rhetoric. Anyone else would have been tossed long ago for the things you have posted regarding gun control.
    Actually, looks like R&R did. Hoping temporary. Probably for the teacher's pet comment.
    d387971bf017dd7894c6bf2ece1a998c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Capital-Gazette shooter - Passed a NICS check

Navy Yard Shooter - Passed a NICS check

Pulse Nightclub Shooter - Passed a NICS check

Sandy Hook Shooter - Passed a, WHOOPS, nope, stole a gun from his dead mother who passed a NICS check.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Sandy Hook Shooter - Passed a, WHOOPS, nope, stole a gun from his dead mother who passed a NICS check.

Would you ever know about a mass shooter if they failed a NICS check and were not able to procure a firearm? Tough to become a notorious mass shooter without a firearm because you could not pass a NICS check. For all we know, 1,000 mass shootings were prevented because a NICS check stopped the person from being able to obtain a firearm at that very moment.

Then, buying a firearm off the black market probably isn't a simple deal and one has to worry about getting caught. I wouldn't even know where to start to buy a firearm outside of legal channels.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD

It's just a check box to clear the way for the next infringement. "Oh, that didn't stop mean people. Hhmm...ok, let do THIS." Repeat.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    I think you are worse than the politicians who support additional infringement.

I don't get why the Mods allow you to post your antigun rhetoric. Anyone else would have been tossed long ago for the things you have posted regarding gun control.

During the Holocaust there were Jews that willingly helped load up the train cars to save their own skin.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Civil Rights Protesters Granted Pardons for 1963 Arrests

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2009/08/civil_rights_protesters_grante.html

It was the moment in May 1963 during the Civil Rights Movement called the "Children's Crusade." The idea was to show the world the baseness and utter moral bankruptcy of racial segregation by having black children play prominent roles in the non-violent protests.

Children also didn't risk losing their jobs by protesting the way adults did.

So the young people of Birmingham, Ala. confronted the police who were commanded by the department's infamous commissioner Bull Connor. Hundreds of children had the clothes nearly ripped from them from fire-hoses and were set upon by dogs are club-wielding cops. Hundreds were arrested, overfilling the jails.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    It is called Civil Disobedience and a number of Liberals popularized it back in the 1950's and 1960's.

Why did Rosa Parks need to sit in the front of the bus?

Compare Jim Crow Laws to what is happening in Annapolis.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Parks was a Secretary for the local NAACP for 12 years prior to being asked to be an actual test case (activist). Not to diminish the act, just saying she wasn't some random black woman on the bus. They had actually done it prior to her but it didn't get the National attention.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Isaac Sears - Dirty lawbreaker

https://www.britannica.com/biography/Isaac-Sears

Isaac Sears, (born July 1?, 1730, West Brewster, Massachusetts [U.S.]—died October 28, 1786, Guangzhou, China), patriot leader in New York City before the American Revolution, who earned the nickname “King Sears” by virtue of his prominent role in inciting and commanding anti-British demonstrations.

A merchant whose shipping activities included privateering, Sears first exhibited his patriot leanings when the Stamp Act crisis erupted in 1765. He became a mob leader during the anti-British riots in New York City, and he belonged to the newly formed patriot organization the Sons of Liberty.

Sears led the boycott of British goods during colonial protests of the Townshend Acts. Repeal of the Townshend Acts produced a period of calm in the colonies from 1770 to 1773, but imposition of the Tea Act in 1773 gave new life to the Sons of Liberty. In 1774 Sears led a New York version of the Boston Tea Party, and he signed the call for a meeting of representatives from the colonies.

Sears was arrested in April 1775 for his activities, but his admirers rescued him at the jailhouse door. Later that month—after the bloodshed at Lexington and Concord—he and his followers drove the loyalist officials out of New York City and seized control of the municipal government. His subsequent attacks on loyalist businessmen elicited official disapproval from patriot committees, but they earned Sears the backing of the New York citizenry.

The capture of New York City by the British compelled Sears to move to Boston from 1777 to 1783, during which time Sears spent time at sea as a privateer. In 1784 and again in 1786 he was elected to the New York state legislature. He was in China on a trading venture when he died there in 1786

Inspector1489

Ultimate Member
    May 27, 2016
    FL panhandle
    Well, strictly speaking, it's more an expression informing legislators that they are exceeding constitutional limits with their proposed legislation. If it's not yet law, it's not being broken.

We all know that the courts move at glacial speed to undo what eager fearmongering legislators put forth, undermining the foundation document of our legal system.

The courts "should" decide favorably. Whether they will or not is up to the whim or belief of various judges, who are all politically appointed, who swore to uphold the COTUS, and who often fail miserably to apply that oath to their actual actions.

Illegal laws are an oxymoron, made real by the actions of actual legal morons. Or maybe they're just corrupt? Hard to say. Even so, rushing to obey sends the wrong message to those who would infringe enumerated rights in exchange for power and wealth.

Clearly articulated and on point.

WWNC printed on shirts or shouted from the balcony of the House Chamber will be interpreted in differing ways by those that see or hear those words. We've already been labeled as terrorists - which of course is utter nonsense. Well, at least those willing or able to join in wearing the shirts or slap a sticker on their car have made that list.

But with those words, a clear message has been sent to the other side. How effective has it been is hard to quantify. But without doubt WWNC has had a positive impact on the process here, and it has echoed across the country.

I like the Rosa Parks reference too. She did what she did knowing full well the ramifications of her actions, but she stood up in protest because she knew in her heart and mind she was right.

And so are we!

fred2207

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 14, 2013
    PG
    Clearly articulated and on point.

WWNC printed on shirts or shouted from the balcony of the House Chamber will be interpreted in differing ways by those that see or hear those words. We've already been labeled as terrorists - which of course is utter nonsense. Well, at least those willing or able to join in wearing the shirts or slap a sticker on their car have made that list.

But with those words, a clear message has been sent to the other side. How effective has it been is hard to quantify. But without doubt WWNC has had a positive impact on the process here, and it has echoed across the country.

I like the Rosa Parks reference too. She did what she did knowing full well the ramifications of her actions, but she stood up in protest because she knew in her heart and mind she was right.

And so are we!

As my father used to say: What is right is not always legal and what is legal is not always right. I guess I have my father to thank for my, on occasion, passive/aggressive behavior..:lol::D

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    They will enforce it just like they try to enforce the laws against illicit drugs. Somebody here offers a gun for sale in the classifieds, law enforcement has an account on here, an undercover LEO contacts the seller, the undercover LEO tells the seller that he does not want to go through with the FFL check and pay the additional fee, and who knows, maybe the LEO is willing to offer a little extra for the sale.

Trust me when I say that it has already happened on this board. I know of a circumstance where somebody was actually set up through this board and busted by undercover agents. There are plenty of straight and narrow on this board that would not hesitate to report that somebody "Is not complying" and there are plenty on this board that are looking for "loopholes" in many different aspects of life. We have the entire gambit here, and law enforcement is watching.

Hence the reason for my "fight club" thread. We'll either be forced to submit, forcibly rounded up, forced to vacate maryland, or forced to go dark.

It would be quite entertaining for an undercover MSP troll to "offer a little extra" on a sting and get busted by ATF. I would pay to see that happen. Since MSP ignores all at the Federal level anyway, this could be possible. I'm guessing they're not even warming a seat at the JTTF any more...

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    And I agree. They can pass all the laws they want, as long as they get rid of law enforcement. lol You know I have very little affinity for law enforcement. Somewhat ironic how people are all fine and dandy on here regarding law enforcement, as long as it is not a law they do not disagree with. Now, have law enforcement coming to confiscate guns, and that is a completely different matter.

Then again, my wife and I had two wonderful experiences with a corporal from Howard County pertaining to my wife's credit card being stolen in August and then her identity being stolen in December. Just a pleasant experience with that officer each and every time we interacted with her in person, via e-mail, and via telephone, and I invited her into the house too.

Might have restored some of my faith in law enforcement.

She obviously was not, nor ever will be, assigned to the LD. Professionals never are.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    She obviously was not, nor ever will be, assigned to the LD. Professionals never are.

Used to kind of a popular story that it is a dumping ground for people who break rank, piss people off or are "light duty" types.

Not saying that's a fact, just what I've heard.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    We will have to agree to disagree.

If they really hated all of us, then what stops them from ramming through whatever they want? Maybe they just hate some of us, but not all of us.

I guess you didn't hear about Mike making the bill to abolish the HPRB a "Public Safety Emergency" bill to ram it through the system with all due panic and FUD... :innocent0

MGA proceedings have devolved into Kabuki Theater.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Yep, and that is why I would prefer a NICS check in lieu of a Form 77R on each and every single gun purchase in Maryland. If the Form 77R is Constitutional and enforceable, why couldn't Maryland institute it on all firearms purchases, and not just regulated firearms? Maryland did away with the FTF sale of regulated firearms decades ago via the Form 77R. ON a Form 77R, does MSP do a NICS check, does the FFL do a NICS check, or is there just no NICS check whatsoever? So, if that is enforceable, then how would getting rid of the FTF on non-regulated guns not be enforceable?

I guess the big question is how can we get something for the seller that shows a NICS check was actually done on the firearm before its sale? Maybe some sort of document that the FFL signs with the make, model, and serial number on it and the FFL attesting to running a NICS check for the sale of the gun. Maybe a form on the MSP website that sellers can download, fill out, and just have the FFL sign off on?

If this law gets passed, there needs to be something in place to protect the seller when MSP comes tracing a gun that was used in a crime.

MSP does a NICS check on a 77R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davech1831

Latest threads

Top Bottom