Question regarding the sale of Hi-Cap PMags...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I have a few 30 round PMags that were purchased in PA and VA that I don't wish to keep any longer. How could I (resident in MD) legally sell these?

-Meet someone in PA or VA?
    -Ship to someone in a high-cap friendly state?
    -Sell to someone as repair kits in MD?

ob1murry

May 18, 2011
    I have a few 30 round PMags that were purchased in PA and VA that I don't wish to keep any longer. How could I (resident in MD) legally sell these?

-Meet someone in PA or VA?
    -Ship to someone in a high-cap friendly state?
    -Sell to someone as repair kits in MD?

I'm fairly certain that you can not do ANYTHING with them while in the state, because I believe that even "offering for sale" is prohibitied under the law.

If that is the case (I do believe it is), then you can sell them to someone out of state, but you can legally only offer to sell them to someone once you cross the state line.

EDIT:

http://marylandshallissue.org/faqs/what-are-marylands-laws-regarding-magazine-capacity/

"You may not sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive or transfer any detachable firearm magazine with a capacity of more than 20 rounds in Maryland. As possession is not specifically outlawed, you may take possession of higher capacity magazines outside of the state and then legally bring them back for use within Maryland."

Coretac

Do NOT care what u think
    May 30, 2013
    I live in pa work in westminster , I need a few for 223 556 ar.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I'm fairly certain that you can not do ANYTHING with them while in the state, because I believe that even "offering for sale" is prohibitied under the law.

If that is the case (I do believe it is), then you can sell them to someone out of state, but you can legally only offer to sell them to someone once you cross the state line.

EDIT:

http://marylandshallissue.org/faqs/what-are-marylands-laws-regarding-magazine-capacity/

"You may not sell, offer for sale, purchase, receive or transfer any detachable firearm magazine with a capacity of more than 20 rounds in Maryland. As possession is not specifically outlawed, you may take possession of higher capacity magazines outside of the state and then legally bring them back for use within Maryland."

Thanks, that's what I figured but couldn't remember for sure.

Sell them at the Nation's Gun Show this weekend in Chantilly, many dealers there will purchase magazines. Join NRA or renew your membership there at the show and get a free hat!
    www.thenationsgunshow.com

I wish I could head down, but I'll actually be heading to a state worse than ours this weekend... NJ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom