• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rivertamer

Apr 7, 2012
    MARYLAND
    Not sure on the law but I have a bulldog locking safe under the seat of my truck....I lock my glock in there and keep the ammo and magazines stored safely in a box in my luggage or go bag....I pull over in the first reasonable spot I get to in a legal state and get her ready..... not much else I could do to legally separate gun from ammo so I think it is the way to go.

Sent from my Galaxy S3

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Being a MD resident,with a Utah CCW,I am to believe you can safely ,in a case,away from the ammo,carry a pistol in a zipped bagged,in your vehicle on your way to a state that recognizes Utah CCW? That would possibly be anytime you are driving in your car with the pistol.In MD ,I see you can only carry the pistol in your vehicle,even cased up,if you are going to a shooting range,gunsmith,place of buisness...Does anyone know for sure how this would pan out...?

Just transport the gun as you would if going to the range until you get to the state where you can carry

tennisdr

Apr 22, 2012
    I think the safest bet would to have it unloaded and in the trunk of your car untill you get to a free state.

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Being a MD resident,with a Utah CCW,I am to believe you can safely ,in a case,away from the ammo,carry a pistol in a zipped bagged,in your vehicle on your way to a state that recognizes Utah CCW? That would possibly be anytime you are driving in your car with the pistol.In MD ,I see you can only carry the pistol in your vehicle,even cased up,if you are going to a shooting range,gunsmith,place of buisness...Does anyone know for sure how this would pan out...?

Another way to insure that you are within the law is to become a Maryland Designated Collector.
    The transport laws have a few gray areas that are covered by the collector status.

Also the Firearms Owners Protection Act (FOPA) allows you to transport your firearms across state lines if the firearm is in a LOCKED case separate of the ammo and out of reach of the passenger compartment. The Maryland States Attorney has said that FOPA may not cover a Maryland resident while traveling in Maryland.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom