• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jojo

Sep 3, 2013
    I have a second degree assault but the judge gave me not guilty with a obj and one year unsupervised probation I bought a hand gun will the denigh my application I talk to two people from the state police one said there should not be a problem and the out said they have to look at my record and decide and a gun shop owner said I should be ok but the new law is changing obj dose any body know if I'll get approved and get my gun

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    Why is it, when these questions pop up here, there is a noticeable lack of punctuation and command of the English language?

There are plenty of people here who most likely could assist if the question was decipherable, clear and concise.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    OP, you were found guilty of something to receive the probation.

If you had been found "not guilty", you would not have recieved anything.

Rich1911

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2012
    I have a second degree assault but the judge gave me not guilty with a obj and one year unsupervised probation I bought a hand gun will the denigh my application I talk to two people from the state police one said there should not be a problem and the out said they have to look at my record and decide and a gun shop owner said I should be ok but the new law is changing obj dose any body know if I'll get approved and get my gun

You might get approved and you might not ...hope this helps

Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    PBJ is a shorthand for Probation Before Judgment. Probation before Judgment is essentially being placed on probation BEFORE THE JUDGMENT IS ENTERED. That means you have not been found guilty of the crime. This may not seem like a big benefit, but it is. You can truthfully answer you have not been convicted of a crime on job applications, your car insurance does not go through the roof (if it’s a DUI), and (for certain crimes) you can get the matter expunged after successfully completing probation.

Rules on PBJ are covered under Maryland Criminal Procedure 6-220.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    OP, you were found guilty of something to receive the probation.

If you had been found "not guilty", you would not have recieved anything.

Not necessarily => PBJ, one-year probation, charges dismissed upon completion.

ASTC

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    PBJ is a shorthand for Probation Before Judgment. Probation before Judgment is essentially being placed on probation BEFORE THE JUDGMENT IS ENTERED. That means you have not been found guilty of the crime. This may not seem like a big benefit, but it is. You can truthfully answer you have not been convicted of a crime on job applications, your car insurance does not go through the roof (if it’s a DUI), and (for certain crimes) you can get the matter expunged after successfully completing probation.

Rules on PBJ are covered under Maryland Criminal Procedure 6-220.

Great information in response to the original question. That is why Mdshooters.com is a great forum. Lots of good information from knowledgeable people.

bigangrysob

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 19, 2013
    Cow County
    Why is it, when these questions pop up here, there is a noticeable lack of punctuation and command of the English language?

There are plenty of people here who most likely could assist if the question was decipherable, clear and concise.

Years of texting, it is a lost art.
    U no wht I mean.

I now have a bruise on my brain.

From what I just read, I really hope you don't get it.

:lol2:

sometimes, i hate grammar police. but since this deals with firearms and criminals....

roll on 2, boys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    incase

Latest threads

Top Bottom