• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LAPD

Jan 23, 2013
    You guys who were in the infantry (army or marine corp) what holster would you recommend? I have seen the infantry using the Bianchi UM84 and also seen some wearing the Blackhawk Serpa.

Thank you

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    no infantry experience, but i generally use the blackhawk serpa when doing 3 gun. won't fall out when running or going prone with rifle, but once you depress the button, there is zero friction when drawing.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I asked my brother in-law that same question and he said he wrote a chest holster while in iraq. It let him keep his hands free and very accessible.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I used the Blackhawks drop leg holster when I was in Iraq, but that was 2003 and they've learned a lot since then. Most of the guys I've talked to lately use the MOLLE chest rigs with a chest holster. In most cases, it's easier to reach compared to any belt holster because body armor can cover belt units too easily, especially when prone or on your side. The drop legs have fallen out of favor because they move around too much.

However, if you're doing competition, you may have issues as a chest rug is considered a cross draw and is not allowed on many ranges.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    The military doesn't always pick what's best. Holsters is definitely an area where you do NOT want mil-spec.

I've seen a lot of serpas on drop leg platforms. Never seen a UM84 in use.

CATMdude

I like turtles
    Dec 29, 2012
    Frederick
    The military doesn't always pick what's best. Holsters is definitely an area where you do NOT want mil-spec.

I've seen a lot of serpas on drop leg platforms. Never seen a UM84 in use.

What he said.

I used the UM84 while in the Air Force. While it does retain the pistol fairly well, it's damn near impossible to re-holster one handed and without looking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom