• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    When it comes to knives I pretty much carry what I want. I have a few straight hunting knives that I carry at different times as well as a boot knife. Its not like I am conceal carrying them but sometimes my jacket might be over it. I have never had a problem buying knives and people sell them on eBay and shipped to me no problem. Honestly though, they are more worried about us carrying firearms.

gun_nut

Dec 9, 2018
    I have one of the Ka-Bar variations that was posted earlier as well as a Benchmade push dagger. The Ka-Bar lives in my vehicle but the Benchmade is similarly set up on my PC like you want to do.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    I just bought a push knife earlier this year. Shipped to MD, no problem...

A Cold Steel 36ME Dropped Forged Push Knife, from a company called "Botach." It has a REALLY nice edge on it, and the price was reasonable.

Last edited:

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    You can always ante up cheap with a POS knife from BUDK.

:D

https://www.budk.com/Search.aspx?search=push+knives

$25

A17-SC22638.jpg

$15

A17-UC3418.jpg

DustyDave

Jul 1, 2020
    Finksburg, MD
    I was going to get an EREE Tertiary to put on my chest rig behind my mag pushes as a last ditch sort of backup thing and the company us saying not able to ship to Maryland.

https://eseeknives.com/product/tertiary

Is that illegal in Maryland? My knowledge of knife laws is pretty thin.
    Any Automatic knife is legal to possess in MD. You cannot sell or offer for sale, any automatic knife in MD. You cannot carry any automatic knife concealed in Maryland. If you carry one openly, it must be for “utility” purposes and not for protection.

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    Hmmm... I’ve gotta see if this fits the “gift” my daughter’s godfather sent her. Push knife necklace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Pretty sure that blade qualifies as a double edge dagger. Aren't they illegal?
    Not if you have a MD carry permit. They classify certain knives as "weapons" and the permit gives you the Crown's permission to carry a weapon. Mine is an OTS anyway, so single edge.

I meant your permit gives permission (may), while anyone can (ability).

I should be killed.
    LOL. Gotcha. It's early and I'm only on my first Diet Coke.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Not if you have a MD carry permit. They classify certain knives as "weapons" and the permit gives you the Crown's permission to carry a weapon. Mine is an OTS anyway, so single edge.

LOL. Gotcha. It's early and I'm only on my first Diet Coke.
    I love my dagger.
    80d8dcaee17d3fc3564bb9b08e40c942.jpg

arts

Nov 14, 2014
    I have very little knowledge on the state laws they change so fast. A friend was ordering certain knives online in his company's name. They would ship to a company but not to an individual. Doesn't make sense.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    It's a throat/neck knife. That's all it does. You don't want to get in a knife fight with one of these. That's why the name "Tertiary". It's a last resort defensive weapon made for close in fighting.

This. I also saw a video recently that talked about quickly deploying such a knife if you somehow end up in a someone else's choke hold and are able to deploy it quickly into the bad guy's leg or other body part long enough to stop the choke and before the choke knocks you out. Yet another very unlikely scenario, but if you are really trying to cover all your bases...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom