• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jason22492

Mar 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Hi, I live in MoCo area in Germantown and I was wondering if there's any place within 1 hour drive where I may be able to purchase reloading supplies locally. I do understand that primers and powders are oos everywhere and hard to come by, but if there's any specific shop recommendations that would be good to keep in mind, I would greatly appreciate it.

I'm particularly looking for IMR3031 or Hodgdon Varget, for the convenience of using my 2.8cc Lee dipper.

I'm mainly interested in reloading my .303 British Remington/PPU cases for my Lee Enfield No 4 Mk I, and so far the only reloading supply I have with me is the Lee Reloading Kit for the .303 British. I have researched and studied a fair bit online and watched tutorial videos/read reloading data. I plan on following this person's example:

http://toooldcripples.blogspot.com/2011/04/reloading-with-lee-loader.html

But having no experience in reloading to begin with, I could always use additional tips/advices/guides. Thanks in advance!

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    4895 and 4064 should also work very well for that caliber. If you don't already have them please buy some reloading books.

Also I have some 303 brit dies and may be able to get you some 4895 if it suits you.

Jason22492

Mar 28, 2013
    Montgomery County
    4895 and 4064 should also work very well for that caliber. If you don't already have them please buy some reloading books.

Also I have some 303 brit dies and may be able to get you some 4895 if it suits you.

The 4895 certainly does look quite versatile according to the Hodgon reloading data chart. I'll definitely add that to my list.

Do you have specific reloading books that you may be able to recommend to me as a beginner? I would greatly appreciate it, thank you.

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Hornady book 8 is last years book can be had for 15 bucks or so. The hornady book has a lot of info especially if you own a service rifle of any type M1 AR15 or M1A. ABCs of reloading is great for fundamentals.

I even know where you can find some 303 bullets.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    don't buy a nosler reloading book. it does not have any .303 data. you can also go on hogdon's website to get reloading data on .303 for all their powders.

http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

I would also recommend ABCs of reloading it is a good read. next I would pay attention to is the type of powder. it can get confusing when there is H4895 and IMR4895. they are not the same. I would use a scale ratherthan the powder dipper/measurer

with the .303 I have read it is better to only neck size the case to prolong case life. I am not sure if the lee loader FL sizes on Neck sizes.

trap

Sep 26, 2010
    Germantown
    Try calling up Atlantic Guns in Rockville or Gunshack in Mount Airy. Gunshack is only about 20 miles from us in Germantown

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Powder is available at times, but you have to hit it right. And popular powders, like Varget 4895, H-335, etc, sell out QUICKLY.

Locally or online, it is the same. Just keep looking.

Same for primers.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    The Gun Shack in Mt Airey is probably your best local bet. There was a gun shop in Leesburg VA that used to carry reloading supplies, but I haven't been there for a few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom