• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Regretted? That's a strong word. There are very few guns I've regretted buying. Mostly what happens is that they become obsolete relative to other guns in my collection.

Believe it or not, the only gun I ever regretted buying was a Remington 870. I didn't like the bead sight, I didn't like the stock, and I didn't particularly like the action.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    That's one I was thinking about buying, what did you not like about it?

• Terrible trigger break
    • Cheap internals
    • Rust specks on slide (early issue)
    • Sights canted from the factory

It's the only handgun I've ever sold. Except for the machining of the slide, over all the gun seemed very cheaply made.

To S&W's credit they did replace the slide and fix the sights without much fuss.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    An older Charter Arms Bulldog. Not only was it just horribly made, I WAY overpaid for it.

Sold it without even shooting it.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I bought a SIG P250C .45ACP at the gunshow in Upper Marlboro... didnt know much about the P250, but I carried a M11 when I was deployed and I like it alot, so I bought on brand name (#FAIL). The trigger is horrible and ruins an otherwise solid gun.. that and the 8 (9 if you dont like your fingers) Mag capacity... smh.:tdown:
    So if that P250c45 needs a new home... I could help... The trigger ain't for everyone but some like it. Pm me if you wanna be rid of it

ankrklankr

Like the title says. Have you ever made a gun purchase that you subsequently regretted? Like wondered why you ever wanted it in the first place.

Mine is a Henry .17hmr. I like leverguns but have no idea what I was thinking getting into the .17 caliber. Should have just stuck with .22LR.

Can yhou be more specific about your reasons, please? I've been considering getting into .17 HMR and would like as much input (opinions) as I can get before investing the dinero...

gutshootem

Feb 27, 2013
    Calvert
    Haha, I was reading through this thread trying to think of a gun and I think ill just have to go with "a home in md" as well.

punisher12b

Feb 4, 2013
    Montgomery County
    Can yhou be more specific about your reasons, please? I've been considering getting into .17 HMR and would like as much input (opinions) as I can get before investing the dinero...

i started with .22lr i was thinking about a .22wmr..
    but for longer distance varmint i was under the impression .17hmr was bees neess

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom