• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    My first purchase. A Taurus PT92 (first gen M9 clone). It was reliable as all heck but the front sight was milled off center. That was really the only complaint but since it was milled into the frame, there was little I could do with it aside from machining it myself.

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    My first 5.56/.223 was a mini 14. I could never see through the peep sight well. Didn't have any problems with my M1 Carbine peep sight though. On the flip side I had a 1918 Colt 1911 U.S. property pistol that I traded for a series 80 1911 and I've been kicking myself ever since about that trade.

Kiwiknoll

Jan 16, 2015
    Clarksville md
    baikal mp94 o/u 12ga/30-06. Heavy and just odd.

while typing a message popped up stating, "UNDO". Sadly i hit cancel...

Second regret, sw bodyguard 380. That trigger pulls for miles!

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    10/22 bullpup stock for my ruger. I never ever shoot it. I wanna sell it but know I won’t get anything for it.

cechk01

Oct 2, 2015
    PRMD
    Taurus 44Mag tracker. The cylinder and barrel get misaligned sometimes making it shoot lead out of the sides when fired. Also part of the mechanism for the cylinder release broke so the cylinder is now stuck close. Of course they wont ship out the parts so I have to ship it to them in Florida. ugh It has been sitting in my safe for a year now

ybb

Nov 1, 2017
    pps m2

Hi,
    I'm new to the forum.
    Does anyone know of any range in the Baltimore area to rent a Walther PPS m2 to try out?

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Taurus 44Mag tracker. The cylinder and barrel get misaligned sometimes making it shoot lead out of the sides when fired. Also part of the mechanism for the cylinder release broke so the cylinder is now stuck close. Of course they wont ship out the parts so I have to ship it to them in Florida. ugh It has been sitting in my safe for a year now

If its been sitting in your safe for a year, chances are very good it would have been fully repaired or replaced by now.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    Not many, but the Bondini flintlock pistol would be one...and the 10-Ring percussion pistol. The latter is a fine gun, but my interests wound up going in a very different direction.

Ap1026

Jul 25, 2017
    I guess another would be impulse buying my first AR, its a Windham. Not that they are bad, I just paid way too much for it IMO.

rtodd1586

Sep 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie, Maryland
    Only 1 I regret is my first handgun purchase. Smith and Wesson SD9. I was young and dumb and it was cheap.
    I always joke around saying the 9, stands for the 9lb pull that thing has.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    By biggest regret ever... Walther P22.

Why? Because according to Every Expert On The Internet, the Walther P22 is a junky piece of crap gun. Mine functions perfectly, with everyone from premium CCI ammo to bulk RGB's. Never a hiccup. Yeah, the safety is a little awkward, but it's not a carry piece anyway. My P22's trigger is fantastic, it feeds and ejects flawlessly, and it's tin-can accurate at any reasonable distance. Yet according to internet wisdom, everyone should hate this gun. So here I am, stuck with this perfectly enjoyable range toy that has given me many hours of cheap plinking fun, feeling completely stupid, for loving this gun that everyone else knows is junk.

jking22sf

Dec 12, 2012
    Somewhere in Maryland
    I have a bunch of them but in the past couple of years the only ones I really regret purchasing are a springfield xds9 as well as a block 42. Nothing wrong with the 42 but serves no purpose for me and bought it about a week before the block 43 was finally released.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Rossi 92 .44mag. Jammed up after 3 rounds, fixed it took it back out to the range jammed up again. It was fun to shoot but I think the .44mag was too much for the frame.

K-43

West of Morning Side
    Oct 20, 2010
    PG
    Rossi 92 .44mag. Jammed up after 3 rounds, fixed it took it back out to the range jammed up again. It was fun to shoot but I think the .44mag was too much for the frame.

Mine's run great right out of the box for years. Weird, some are great, some are paperweights.

I regret buying a Mannlicher 1895 Straight Pull rifle. It looked cool, wanted one since I was a teen. Not ergonomic and just plain unpleasant to shoot. Doesn't operate all that great for what should be a fast design. I don't even want to buy dies and reload cast for it.

Abuck

Ultimate Member
    An early Taurus Model 66 357. Didn't have it long and it started spraying lead to the side, and backwards at the shooter. Cylinder wasn't lining up properly. Sent it back for repair, and then sold it. Bought a couple of old S+W revolvers, and what a difference.

Bountied

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2012
    Pasadena
    Mine's run great right out of the box for years. Weird, some are great, some are paperweights.

I regret buying a Mannlicher 1895 Straight Pull rifle. It looked cool, wanted one since I was a teen. Not ergonomic and just plain unpleasant to shoot. Doesn't operate all that great for what should be a fast design. I don't even want to buy dies and reload cast for it.

I bought it used. I think it may have been abused by someone home gunsmithing without knowing what they're doing.

Ghostrider1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2009
    The PGC
    Not the purchase itself, but the timing. My last chopper out of Saigon before FSA2013 took effect was a Ruger New Vaquero :banghead:

Should have been an M1a or PS90.

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky

Until it's broke in cycle with authority and lots of oil. Once it's broken in.... smooth as butter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom