• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I regret my first handgun purchase. S&W sigma 9mm. What a pos. Sold it shortly after purchasing my 2nd handgun.

71Chevelle427

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2015
    B'More County, Maryland
    Overall, probably the 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse I bought from a "friend":rolleyes: for $2500 (Inspected) for my son just before he actually even got his license.

POS was nothing but problems...alternator, motor mounts broke, major oil leaks sprung up, exhaust rattle, tire tread separated, etc....and this all happened between the day I bought it, and 3 months later when I sold it...which was a month or two before my boy even got his license. I was driving it occasionally to make sure it was a decent car, which it wasn't...lol.

Sold it "as-is" to some couple for $1500 just to get out from under it, even filled the gas tank first, and the guy was a self proclaimed Mitsubishi expert...til they called me a week later wanting their money back because the engine blew up, from the expert never fixing the oil leaks I showed him, and his girl running it out of oil...:sad20:

That was my first, and LAST, used foreign car purchase. I've NEVER bought a new car in my life, nor have I ever sold a car due to it just being a regrettable mistake. I'm a mechanic by trade, since 1981, and have bought, sold, flipped, wheeled & dealed and traded cars since then...and I have never sold a car for less than I paid for it. :banghead:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Overall, probably the 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse I bought from a "friend":rolleyes: for $2500 (Inspected) for my son just before he actually even got his license.

POS was nothing but problems...alternator, motor mounts broke, major oil leaks sprung up, exhaust rattle, tire tread separated, etc....and this all happened between the day I bought it, and 3 months later when I sold it...which was a month or two before my boy even got his license. I was driving it occasionally to make sure it was a decent car, which it wasn't...lol.

Sold it "as-is" to some couple for $1500 just to get out from under it, even filled the gas tank first, and the guy was a self proclaimed Mitsubishi expert...til they called me a week later wanting their money back because the engine blew up, from the expert never fixing the oil leaks I showed him, and his girl running it out of oil...:sad20:

That was my first, and LAST, used foreign car purchase. I've NEVER bought a new car in my life, nor have I ever sold a car due to it just being a regrettable mistake. I'm a mechanic by trade, since 1981, and have bought, sold, flipped, wheeled & dealed and traded cars since then...and I have never sold a car for less than I paid for it. :banghead:

me neither. :cool:
    I've also never bought a mitsubishi :innocent0

Doobie

Ultimate Member
    Jan 23, 2013
    Earth
    My house in Maryland. Not because of the house, because of the laws, taxes, and political BS. Guns...can't think of any. Many I regret SELLING though.

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    The list is long, but distinguished.
    - Beretta 92FS Centurion (first purchase). Simply didn't fit me.
    - Ruger P95. Also didn't fit, but easily remedied with almost equal-value sale.
    - Kel-Tec Sub2000 (P226 magazines). Couldn't get it to function reliably, even after two trips to the factory for repairs.
    - Walther PPS 9mm. Talk about whippy/stingy...
    - Walther P22. Not bad, just mechanically eccentric and a little too small to be enjoyable.

This list doesn't take into account conceal-specific handguns purchased in VA but sold after moving to MD due to inability to carry.

jti424

Dec 29, 2013
    Not that I necessarily regret purchasing because it's not a bad rifle... But being naive during the gun crisis of 2013 I over paid by about $150 on a Stevens .22lr.....

A purchase I regret NOT buying would be every mosin on the shelf for under $100. Love to shoot my mosin but creeping into $200 just doesn't feel right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    So, I'm seeing a lot of people that really dislike their 22 pistols. Are there ANY good ones that are modeled after a centerfire "big brother" and not a dedicated 22 like a mkIII or buckmark?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I've got at least two, a Walther 22 jamomatic and a Taurus DAO 380 revolver, not a bad shooter but the moon clips were a pain in the rear to deal with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Jtlambo

Latest threads

Top Bottom