Purchased my 1st money pit aka Ruger 10/22!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    Monday night I finally joined the millions of gun owners that own a Ruger 10/22! Problem is I haven't even shot the thing yet and all I can do is think of all the things I want to do it. Looks like this could end up being an expensive-cheap gun.

593a256542a2c4ee4f38c077db94d584.jpg

I figured optics are the best place to start and have been trying to research them all day today. Seems like I can't go wrong with either Leupold, Bushnell or Mueller MVP.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Forget optics. Get some tech sights and build a Liberty Training rifle attend an Appleseed event and improve your rifleman skills.

Elgan

NRA Endowment Member
    Sep 4, 2012
    Harford County
    I got one of those newer Nikon BDC scopes for my Marlin 795. They're pretty nice, and the price is decent too. For plinking and small game, they're more than sufficient. :)

chale127

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2008
    Brooklyn, MD
    To my knowledge optics are allowed at appleseed

+1 for the Nikon P-22 BDC reticle although I have a $39 bushnell on my 10-22 and I can eat quarter size holes at 100yds all day long with cheap bulk ammo

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    you have purchased on of the most reliable and adaptable .22s on the market.
    congrats.:party29:

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Nice. Depending on how much you mod it, it could turn into a very expensive cheap gun. One you'll probably love.

SmokingGun

Ultimate Member
    Jun 22, 2009
    Absurdistan
    OP: IMO the best bang for your buck upgrade is a Volquartsen target hammer. Installing it will give you a great understanding of the rifle's internals and the trigger improvement is substantial.

Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    This scope will be $94.99 on Friday starting at 1200am. I've got one on a 10/22 and think it's just about perfect.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/746570/

-Jim

That seems like a pretty good deal, especially considering the original price is $249.99. I was planing to get a 3-9x32 or 40mm, with a min power of 6.5x will I have any problem shooting closer targets in the 25 yard and below range?

Not sure if that's a stupid question or not, just never used a scope before and am still trying to process all the different types/magnifications.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    That seems like a pretty good deal, especially considering the original price is $249.99. I was planing to get a 3-9x32 or 40mm, with a min power of 6.5x will I have any problem shooting closer targets in the 25 yard and below range?

Not sure if that's a stupid question or not, just never used a scope before and am still trying to process all the different types/magnifications.

At 6.5x I can shoot targets at 10 yards with excellent focus, I have to go out to 25 yards before the 20x magnification will focus.

It's really a great scope for a 10/22 and makes shooting tiny groups boringly easy.

-Jim

Pay2Play

Jul 3, 2008
    Gambrills
    At 6.5x I can shoot targets at 10 yards with excellent focus, I have to go out to 25 yards before the 20x magnification will focus.

It's really a great scope for a 10/22 and makes shooting tiny groups boringly easy.

-Jim

Thanks Jim. I think I'll go with that model. Do you have a recommendation for a scope mount and rings?

This is the other scope I was considering. It will be $79.99 on Sunday, but I think the Simmons is the better deal.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/147249/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bara4033

Latest threads

Top Bottom