• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BellyAcher151

channel 28 Breaker!!
    Oct 14, 2011
    Salisbury
    Hey all, I'm a fairly new to the area and would like to know what markers designate public hunting land?
    are the yellow stripes that are painted on trees the markers.
    Then, say you go out and find an area you want to hunt. Do you just sit and do your thing, or worry about "who had That spot"? type deal.
    Thanks

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    You need to carry a map and know where you are. Some public hunting land is well marked or the private land owner adjacent to it will probably mark their property but that's not always the case.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.

BellyAcher151

channel 28 Breaker!!
    Oct 14, 2011
    Salisbury
    Thanks for the info,
    we used to live down there off Friendship rd on Boyers and I used to ride the 4 wheeler back in those woods seeing all the stands, wasn't sure if it was public land or not.

BlackBart

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 20, 2007
    Conewago, York Co. Pa.
    Thanks for the info,
    we used to live down there off Friendship rd on Boyers and I used to ride the 4 wheeler back in those woods seeing all the stands, wasn't sure if it was public land or not.

Up till 6 or so years ago it was leased but now the state owns it, some still grandfather the existing leases. Some of those stands were engineering marvels, scaffolding with enclosed cabins on top, chairs, rear view mirrors. I was MOST impressed by some of the inbreed engineering, shame they were all torn down by the rangers but I guess people would be fighting over them. :mad54:

BellyAcher151

channel 28 Breaker!!
    Oct 14, 2011
    Salisbury
    Yeah, some were actual tree stands other's were shacks on stilts and some nothing more than camo tents with opening flaps.
    Just seemed spookey when your out there by yourself exploring and brand new to the area after just riding by the coon hunters facility knowing full well theres dudes with guns.
    Then we went to the Mule show and made it all better. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pureblood

Latest threads

Top Bottom