• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    I would say carbine... Look at the top row of "diamonds" in the handguard and where you can no longer see through them because of the gas block/gas tube.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Thanks for all of the responses. I wanted to call, but at work in a cube farm, and dont think its smart to ask questions about "evil guns" over the phone haha

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I would get one of the PSA "Premium" uppers, or one of the Cold Hammer Forged (so called machine gun metal) barrels.

I have 2 of their "premium" uppers. So far very happy with them. The barrels are made by FN, so they are pretty good.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Yeah after a lot more investigation, I think I am waiting on this one to go on sale...

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...pers/psa-16-chf-mid-length-diamond-upper.html

I'm going to go ahead and reply to myself on this one...:lol:

The link above is the "leader in the clubhouse" as far as my desires for an upper reciever to complete my first and only AR-15 Build.

Are there any other suggestions as to others I should consider if my wislist includes the following?

-16" 5.56 Complete Upper (pref w/o BCG and CH)
    -Mid-Length Gas
    - Quad Rail
    -CHF barrel (or similar quality), pref 1:7 twist to be able to use heavy gr ammo

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    I'm going to go ahead and reply to myself on this one...:lol:

The link above is the "leader in the clubhouse" as far as my desires for an upper reciever to complete my first and only AR-15 Build.

Are there any other suggestions as to others I should consider if my wislist includes the following?

-16" 5.56 Complete Upper (pref w/o BCG and CH)
    -Mid-Length Gas
    - Quad Rail
    -CHF barrel (or similar quality), pref 1:7 twist to be able to use heavy gr ammo
    Hey, have you tried a YHM quad-rail out and/or would you be interested in getting a tube instead? The reason I am asking is the weight difference and comfort in shooting the rifle.

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Hey, have you tried a YHM quad-rail out and/or would you be interested in getting a tube instead? The reason I am asking is the weight difference and comfort in shooting the rifle.

Yeah I have, the weight doesnt bother me since I am a bigger guy. The main reason for wanting the quad rail is the ability to use different attachments like bi-pods, lights, etc. in the future if I want.

If by tubes, you are referring to the plastic type handgaurds...I am definitely not a fan.

covertpanda

Penguin Hunter
    Sep 10, 2013
    Carroll
    Yeah I have, the weight doesnt bother me since I am a bigger guy. The main reason for wanting the quad rail is the ability to use different attachments like bi-pods, lights, etc. in the future if I want.

If by tubes, you are referring to the plastic type handgaurds...I am definitely not a fan.
    I meant a free floated tube; JP, samson, M.I., ect. You can just add rails where you want them.

deerhtr

Nov 22, 2011
    eastern shore
    I have this upper, it installed no problems on my 80 % lower. fit and function is spot on and is pretty accurate as this is my first ar I don't have a lot of accuracy comparison study.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom