• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Meaning no disrespect to the OP, but what's the current quality of PSA? When I really started buying guns about 15 years ago, PSA was of dubious quality at best.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Cool vid. That accuracy is nothing to sneeze at.

IMO, PSA has come a LONG way over the years. They now make lots of their own guns and get very high reviews. Their 5.7 Rock is typ the top dog in comparisons again the big boys (disclaimer: I bought one due to this.) THey make their own line of 9mm AKs now too. They've really stepped up their game in the last couple years.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Meaning no disrespect to the OP, but what's the current quality of PSA? When I really started buying guns about 15 years ago, PSA was of dubious quality at best.

They've upped their game. Assembly can still be the weak point, but they have a lifetime warranty so you can just send it back.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I bought a PSA Dagger frame(think G19 wannabe) to replace a P80 frame cause it was on sale. I had to replace all the internal parts to get it to work.

I'd still classify them as hit or miss.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Took one of their KS47's in on trade/used purchase - had to pull the barrel and have it worked over because they used a 5.56 barrel extension on a 7.62x39 barrel - it had significant trouble feeding, and a not so great mag.

The 5.7 Rock, actually pleasantly surprised with - fits the hand nicely, shoots well. Decent price point.

I'm sure they've improved over the years, but even the best can have issues get thru, so I always look things over with a skeptic's eyes and go over it myself.

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    I had an upper from them that I put a few hundred rounds thru with no issue. I'm no operator, but it worked!

I have the 5.7 Rock and really like that. Haven't had much time with it though.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Took one of their KS47's in on trade/used purchase - had to pull the barrel and have it worked over because they used a 5.56 barrel extension on a 7.62x39 barrel
    Getting off topic but can you clarify? How does a x39 barrel extension differ? I have a couple x39 uppers (incl an orig Colt) and they appear to use plain AR15 extensions. They all run like raped ape's w/ ASC mags. Trying to get drums to work w/ them now but the available ones have lots of problems - thats a whole 'nother discussion.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Getting off topic but can you clarify? How does a x39 barrel extension differ? I have a couple x39 uppers (incl an orig Colt) and they appear to use plain AR15 extensions. They all run like raped ape's w/ ASC mags. Trying to get drums to work w/ them now but the available ones have lots of problems - thats a whole 'nother discussion.
    Doesn’t really vary in a drastic fashion, the extension/ramps are slightly re-profiled to ease the feeding of 30cal rounds vs .224 diameter rounds - I’ve seen some extensions where they totally lay-down the 6 o’clock to make it 1 wide ramp (some KS47’s had it, IIRC)

Attachments

• barrels-105-tactical-223556-stainless-steel-barrel-h-bar-sbr-cobratac-sku-3__57773.jpg
      barrels-105-tactical-223556-stainless-steel-barrel-h-bar-sbr-cobratac-sku-3__57773.jpg
      75.5 KB · Views: 41

Sirex