• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Thanks for the heads-up. Ordered 2. Still in stock according to the web site.

Lanceman_1

Jul 14, 2011
    Ordered one thanks. Now going to get one of the lowers from Engage. What would be a good fcg to get to match up with the LPK ?

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    Good FCG you ask, nothing less than a SSA-E. Of course that's what I used in my last build, so now I can used the DD FCG I didn't use then and use it with these parts.

Now this is a fairly elevated price for PSA, don't go thinking they didn't jack of their prices. These kits are at a 10 dollar premium over that they sold a complete LPK for just two months ago, and a full lpk is at 80 last time it sold, which is a doubling of the price.

Don't get me wrong, they have costs and a right to follow the market, but you think with this increased influx of cash they'd start getting product out the door.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    +1. I have this on my AR and love it

Right with the cost of ammo now a days, why not get the best?
    After a single case of 500 rds you are up to $250 already (the cost of a SSA-E), and your rifle isn't even broken in yet. And if you are looking at your rifle as an investment, that little machined G on your trigger shows a future buyer that your parts gun is a step apart from all the other parts guns out there (and holy cow are there a ton of parts guns, a big chunk of them built with the cheapest possiable components as, IMHO, most people that build AR's are trying to save money over buying a full rifle). There are some that build an AR because its fun, it so they know exactly what went into it and that everything was done right, but its hard to tell if that group bought 65 dollar lower, or that PSA 50 dollar lower was built using Parts that DPMS threw out or first run Colt parts. But that G, it tells a lot, and when you pull the recievers apart and see a beautifully machined 2 part FCG instead of the rough 3 piece mil-std set its just great.

Of course even the parts DPMS rejects are gonna result in a boom when you pull the trigger, and its known that there are few LPK manufactures so most of what i wrote is fanboyism and truth be told I'm just a hobbyest, but you never regret buying the best.

I have the same philosophy with food, if I'm going to eat something bad for me (steak, burgers, cheese, bacon, anything fried), I'm gonna get top notch stuff. No McDonalds burgers, no crappy soggy bacon etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom