• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • davesomethin

Jun 3, 2013
    No, 8620 is completely fine for the carrier. It's when it's used for the bolt when it could become an issue. The carrier itself doesn't take near the amount of pressure that is exerted on the bolt.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I appreciate the advice as well. Have been lurking and learning. I ordered the upper without bcg and charger as well (7/9). We'll see when it ships.

Thanks again,
    -Dave

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    1. Ordered July 3rd. Shipped today, July 11th.

2. On cancellations, I canceled an order about a month or so ago and they credited my account about 4 days later. The order still says "processing" on their website. No fee.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edit: and I love how people buy stuff without asking questions then blame the company....did PSA lie to anyone or simply go by an old mil spec??...seems to me that " what material are these made of would be the first question i asked " ...unless of course you were sooooo eager to buy a BCG that you bought the first thing in stock...

In normal times, yes. I'm sure most would ask what kind of bolt they were purchasing however in panic times when BCG's were selling out in minutes, there was no time to ask what kind of material the bolt was made out of. It's not like you could just call PSA and ask them. They don't answer their phones.

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    Hey Jesster,

Kind of off topic, but the CH came up on this subject. Which mod for a BCM (3, 4, 5)? I'm thinking 4 or 5 simply because it looks less likely to get damaged.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Hey Jesster,

Kind of off topic, but the CH came up on this subject. Which mod for a BCM (3, 4, 5)? I'm thinking 4 or 5 simply because it looks less likely to get damaged.

I prefer the MOD 4. It's large enough to catch with your palm but not to large that it's going to get in the way. I originally ordered a MOD 3 but I ended up selling it due to the way it dug into my sternum when using a sling. I know own three MOD 4's and will probably never use another CH.

The Raptor is nice also but I can't justify paying twice as much for no benefit to myself other than it looking cool. It's not built any better than the Gunfighters. If I needed an Ambi Charging handle then I might consider it. I don't though so I'm not going to waste money on looks alone.

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    I prefer the MOD 4. It's large enough to catch with your palm but not to large that it's going to get in the way. I originally ordered a MOD 3 but I ended up selling it due to the way it dug into my sternum when using a sling. I know own three MOD 4's and will probably never use another CH.

The Raptor is nice also but I can't justify paying twice as much for no benefit to myself other than it looking cool. It's not built any better than the Gunfighters. If I needed an Ambi Charging handle then I might consider it. I don't though so I'm not going to waste money on looks alone.

Thanks man. I was about the pull the trigger on a 4, but thought I'd ask first.

m33p

Feb 17, 2012
    my m4 madness upper came today.

C5637F03-DECD-441B-A7CE-EBE5075A1D24-497-000001029F2D8639_zpsdb17bc34.jpg

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    There's only one problem: your feet aren't in the picture. You're breaking MDS tradition, man. Since it's only an upper and not a full rifle, we'll let it slide. But don't let it happen again. ;)

Pip

May 2, 2013
    Baltimore
    1. Ordered July 3rd. Shipped today, July 11th.

2. On cancellations, I canceled an order about a month or so ago and they credited my account about 4 days later. The order still says "processing" on their website. No fee.

Just curious, money back on you Credit Card or is it a store credit?

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    Just curious, money back on you Credit Card or is it a store credit?

Back on my card, although I would have been satisfied with a store credit.

EDIT: I should have added that I canceled the order two days after placing it. It might make a difference on how they credit you or if there is a fee based on where the order is in the process. Knowing PSA, it was probably still in a queue had hadn't been acted on yet. The part wasn't pulled yet.

SevernBob

It's All Boogered Up
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 17, 2012
    Severn
    Yeah, what's up with the bare feet in pictures. That's just wrong. I was wondering if people thought the admins analyzed the toe structure to confirm it's the same foot and person. Maybe they use some kind of toe recognition software?

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Yeah, what's up with the bare feet in pictures. That's just wrong. I was wondering if people thought the admins analyzed the toe structure to confirm it's the same foot and person. Maybe they use some kind of toe recognition software?

I keep my feet covered so NSA won't recognize them.

Perhaps there should be a foot edict thread.

I've seen some feet on this site that obviously were caught in the prop in some of these Bay boating accidents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom