• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    My newly completed PSA 9mm kit is giving me light primer strikes. Tried Brown Bear, TulAmmo, and Federal (brass cased) and same issue with them all. I did managed to get 3 of the six Federal rounds tried to fire.

This is a 100% PSA kit, the only part of mine I used was the poly lower. Any suggestions? Google-Fu seems to indicate replaced the hammer spring with a more powerful version would help, but i figured I'd ask the real experts here first. :D

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Make sure the hammer spring isn't installed backwards.

hammer.jpg
    Bad on left. Good on right.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    Hammer spring was installed correctly. I just popped in the Wolff xp spring last night so hopefully I'll get to agc this weekend and give it another go. It's a Tennessee Arms poly lower.

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Don't forget to clean out the firing pin channel of the bolt. Blowback systems tend to get dirtier faster. The firing pin channel being dirty is a common issue for light strikes with 9mm AR's.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Is the bolt going into full battery? Weigh your buffer? May be too light.

Just a thought.

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    If you can compare it to a non-poly lower I would do that. If the pin holes for the hammer are slightly off, this could happen.

Check the firing pin protrusion as well. Could be something jamming up the pin inside the carrier.

Truthlesshero81

Sep 30, 2011
    FYI for anyone interested. Installed the Wolff xp springs and this gun chewed through everything I threw at it, not one ftf or issue otherwise. So for anyone considering this build kit you might want to just grab these springs right from the jump.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    If hammer spring doesn’t fix it check firing pin partrusion. I have seen a few short 1s lately.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    With your bolt removed and in your hand. Push the firing pin as far forward as it will go. If I remember right it should be around .028 - .03 out the face of the bolt. maybe Sir Chad could give us the spec to be sure he probably has the MIL spec's for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom