• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Earlier this evening, my son informed me that he had a project to work on. He asked me to review it for him and I was very proud of what I found. Please read below:

This I believe: Gun Laws Are Unconstitutional

I believe in the great country of America, that we the citizens should be guaranteed our inalienable rights. As of late, our rights to bear arms have been under attack. Our right to bear arms is a right that was fought for by our founding fathers, who wished to create a nation of freedom. Denying the citizens of America their ability to wield a firearm is unconstitutional under the second amendment. The regulation of firearms has been dealt with before, but the laws against them have either expired, or only made the firearm slightly more difficult to obtain. “A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed” (Second Amendment).
    I believe it to be ridiculous that after 230 years, the government finally wants to crack down on gun control. Now the regulation of firearms is not exactly new, but it hasn’t seemed to be as harsh as now. Now the regulation of military issued weapons I can agree with. What I cannot stand for is the prohibition of firearms that have been already allowed to the public and civilian models. Now some may argue that these firearms are the reason for many murders throughout the nation, but it’s not like these things hadn’t happened in the past. For 230 years we have been allowed the right to bear arms. For 230 years we have the choice to defend ourselves should trouble ever arrive. For 230 years there have been horrid murders, but why is it that we should just now limit our rights to firearms? Why is it that the citizens are being punished instead of the people responsible for the horrible murders? In the words of the great president Ronald Reagan “We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions” (Ronald Reagan).
    When I think of a gun I think of two things, destruction, and protection. Without the use of firearms people can be left without a way of defense and be left to the mercy of the attacker. Think of the people who would have no chance of defense against an attacker without the use of a firearm. More murders, rapes, and assaults would happen than ever before, through other methods, and there would be no way for civilians to be protected. “Gun control proponents cannot deny that people use guns successfully against criminals, but they tend to play down how often such events take place” (Guns and Self Defense).
    My final point is that gun laws won’t even prevent murders, assaults, and rapes in the nation. Everyday somebody is using an illegal drug even though there are laws against it. Everyday raping and assault crimes are committed even though there are laws against it. Everyday hate crimes are committed even though there are laws against it. The point I am getting at is that laws are broken everyday by people, why not gun laws? If a man had the intent on murdering people he would not just stop at the fact that the guns he wants are outlawed. A maniac trying to murder people would stop at nothing to get a gun.
    Gun laws may seem essential to stopping murders, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that it is a constitutional right. Making laws against guns is as if there were laws on our right to free speech. In no possible way would things turn out right. This is America, the free, and we the people need to keep the country that way.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    i am also proud of your son. you have taught him well.

i hope he doesnt get a failing grade for disagreeing with the gubment though.

PIT BULL

Mar 5, 2013
    That is a fine AMERICAN young man. You should be proud. Let us know what kinda grade he gets.

Verbotene

Lurker Supreme
    Feb 27, 2012
    :thumbsup:

Certainly better informed, better educated, and better spoken (well, written) then the "experts" I keep seeing on TV!

Keep up the good work, both of you!

arcticdc5

Mar 20, 2013
    Very good job!

Be sure to tell your son to volunteer if the teacher asks if anyone in class wants to share their paper. Oh how sweet that would be!:party29:

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Very good job!

Be sure to tell your son to volunteer if the teacher asks if anyone in class wants to share their paper. Oh how sweet that would be!:party29:

He said it is actually to be done in a speech! Wish I could be there..

I think we may have a new MSI member :party29:

BeerHunter

Don't ReMember
    Feb 13, 2013
    SoPROM
    I predict he'll go far in life! Hope my sons will be as willing as yours to go against the grain for what they believe in. :patriot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom