• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maxsplat

Apr 11, 2013
    Westmonster
    I assume this would apply to renewals as well. This could really suck. Scratch that. WILL really suck. we all know the comment period isn't going to help any.

This is one of the posts,kind of makes sense for ATFs reasoning behind it (not that I like it).

"Who didn't see this coming. That 50 year threshold is starting to creep into more modern arms, like evil uh-salt rifles.

We can't have people getting those delivered to their door."

Jul 1, 2012
    THe picture & fingerprints don't bother me that much (already in the system many times), but this - and it's potential implication - does:

All applicants must now provide at least one hour of operation/availability in which they can be contacted by ATF personnel

Implication being that it may now be viewing the ATF "oversight" and on-site inspections the same for FFL-03's as other FFL's

HOWEVER.... for something that's supposed to be open for public comment, I can't find any reference to this other than the AR15 website.

Independent confirmation, anyone?

Jul 1, 2012
    HQL on a federal level. Don't we go through back ground checks when these are issues? Now the LEO is going to HAVE to give permission to us. Sorry. I disagree with it and do not see the "reasoning" behind it.

I don't think the background check is really all that extensive for FFL-03, other than the standard stuff (NCIS, etc). Since they don't have your fingerprints (now) they can't cross-check that way and/or do a REAL background check.

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    THe picture & fingerprints don't bother me that much (already in the system many times), but this - and it's potential implication - does:

Implication being that it may now be viewing the ATF "oversight" and on-site inspections the same for FFL-03's as other FFL's

HOWEVER.... for something that's supposed to be open for public comment, I can't find any reference to this other than the AR15 website.

Independent confirmation, anyone?

There are too links buried which has some contact info on it.. Guess you have to start there?

if additional information is required
    Clearance Officer, United States
    Department of Justice, Justice
    Management Division, Policy and
    Planning Staff, Two Constitution
    Square, 145 N Street NE., Room 3E–
    405B, Washington, DC 20530.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2014-11-25/pdf/2014-27920.pdf
    http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/FR-2014-11-25/pdf/2014-27921.pdf

Also on the main ATF website.... http://www.atf.gov/content/Firearms/firearms-industry

Jul 1, 2012
    I couldn't get either of those links in the AR15 post to load.
    I did go to that ATF page but obviously my brain didn't process what my eyes saw :)
    thanks... I think...

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Before some lilbtard reads that this will fix anything significant, No, we can't use the C&R for full auto firearms now and will not then. That is covered by the NFA I believe.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Never let a good crisis go to waste. If demand drops because of fewer FFL03 applicants, then prices will drop too. However, I don't wish that on anyone.

Jul 1, 2012
    Where exactly did you find them?

FFL-03 special form is merging with the "standard" FFL form (adding pic & fingerprint I would assume).
    <maybe they waive fingerprints for the FFL-03? that wasn't clear>
    and photograph in 28) have been removed from the application

Adds in having to file 5300.34 (?) too.
    <whatever that is... lmaybe a new form, it's not on the ATF website>

... and OP link (AR15 thread has a list of what is changing on the form).

CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Yeah, I pulled up the form and was comparing it to the post with the additions and other changes to see what it would mean. Looked like fingerprints for sure, and probably a picture would be required Didn't get to he CLEO signoff part yet (got distracted and had to take a conf call).

This being the form it appears they would be modifying to add in FFL03 too..

http://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-5310-12.pdf

Note the OMB No. 1140-0018 in the corner of the form which is referenced in the original AR15 post.

I wish the ATF would just blurt out what they want to change. Always seems like the gov't is hiding behind paperwork and big words that even they don't understand.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Yeah, I pulled up the form and was comparing it to the post with the additions and other changes to see what it would mean. Looked like fingerprints for sure, and probably a picture would be required Didn't get to he CLEO signoff part yet (got distracted and had to take a conf call).

Hey. What's more important, this or work. :lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom