• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I have an AAC 7.62-SDN suppressor that I would like to use on a Remington 700 SPS tactical in .308. I am having trouble trying to decide which compensator to use with the suppressor. Is there any advantage to using a pure compensator such as the AAC Blackout over a mixed Compensator/flash hider such as the AAC Brakeout when mounted on a bolt gun?

Any insight and opinions would be much appreciated.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    I asked the same questions when I picked up my SDN 6 and Brake. I was told that the Blackout didn't do a good job of either function-Flash or Brake-so I opted for the Brake.

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    I have an AAC 7.62-SDN suppressor that I would like to use on a Remington 700 SPS tactical in .308. I am having trouble trying to decide which compensator to use with the suppressor. Is there any advantage to using a pure compensator such as the AAC Blackout over a mixed Compensator/flash hider such as the AAC Brakeout when mounted on a bolt gun?

Any insight and opinions would be much appreciated.

Why on earth would you shoot it unsuppressed if you already have the can? I went for the combo mount because it was what was in stock. I am most worried about the wobble tons of people complain about. If this mount gives me wobble I will try one more before giving up. I use a GAP TITAN brake and will switch brakes back and forth if I need to shoot unsuppressed.

navycrna

Smell My Face
    Feb 28, 2007
    howard county
    I do use the combo Brakeout on most of my AR style rifles but I was wanting to know if one was better than the other specifically for a bolt gun.

Yotatech

Aug 31, 2011
    Bowleys Quarters
    I read somewhere that aac claims the brake helps more against wear on the can then the normal flash hider. Guessing with the way the pressure is dispersed inside the can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JackW

Latest threads

Top Bottom