• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dec 31, 2012
    Im inclined to agree that the way to handle this sort of thing is political action. Numbers in person are the way to go, and holding representatives accountable for their voting actions is also the way to go.

Its imperative that websites are created to show who voted for what. I can tell you that from what i've seen in the past, that activism does work. I can tell you that alot of representatives are running scared for their jobs right now, especially the ones who exist in the "swing vote" counties. Its no secret republicans have a hard time winning on the ballot's in some counties in Maryland. However, what some of the democrats are scared of is the fact that they can get voted out and replaced with a different democrat, one that might be more conservative than their liberal leaning, anti gun ways. While alot of people "love voting democrat" there is a growing number of people who are fed up with crime, fed up with high taxes, fed up with the lack of change. Reaching those in the community who are in this position is a way to get the message out.

This bill that passed was a political measure. MOM thinks that by passing this bill, its going to give him a shot at the 2016 presidential ticket. MOM knows that despite it passing, there is going to many fights ahead to keep it in place, as it will be challenged on many grounds throughout the court systems etc. Not only did this bill not have the support of private law abiding citizens, but veterans and the FOP lodges/many law enforcement both active and retired were opposed to this measure. What does it say when law makers don't even listen to the law enforcement in their own state? What does it say when our elected officials ignore veterans and active duty military/reservists who put their lives on the line for this country? This is just a sign of times that through voting and advertisement, grass roots activism these people can be voted out of office. But not just the gun owners can accomplish this.

It will require the work and effort of not only gun owners and supporters themselves, but their families and friends too. Getting out there and showing how dissatisfied you are by spreading the message, getting people involved with the NRA, GOA, MSI, any sort of organization that will help send a strong message to lawmakers. Grassroots facebook, twitter activism like those who stood in line to testify at hearings in Annapolis need to take place more and more. Encouraging gun stores to sell memberships along with firearms purchases to gun rights organizations should also be a priority too. The gun stores, who haven't gotten into the political arena yet, well you need to start. A gun store/range is a great place to start putting up posters for meetings, websites, etc and getting those who enjoy their rights and 2A freedoms involved.

With that being said, 2014 is fast approaching. Its time that those who voted to destroy 2A rights in Maryland are held accountable at the ballot box and get voted out. I can guarantee you that there are quite a few representatives who haven't gotten a good nights sleep since that vote, and for good reason. In 2014, they are going to searching for a new job, because through grass roots activism, change can come to Maryland. The liberals have broken the camels back with this straw, and you can bet they awoke a sleeping giant when it comes to the pro gun crowd, it will bring protests and shakeups like never before. The liberals know this. This is why they could only muster a few people to protest in Annapolis compared to the thousands of pro gun people who showed up to testify against the bill.

I think now is an important time that everyone goes through and figures out who's for and against the 2nd amendment. Its pretty clear now who is for what, and the days of fence sitting is over with after this vote.

I don't think guns or gun owners are being demonized. I think there are a few nuts in the crowd, just like there are a few nuts in the liberals ranks as well. With that being said, everyone should be vigilant to be on the look out for those who are simply installed into the pro gun movement to create controversy, chaos, and simply really don't care about the rights of law abiding citizens, but only seek to make everyone look bad however they see fit.

This isn't something that will simmer down, or "blow over" in time. Its important that we remind the elected officials of whats important to us as voters. Without the 2nd amendment, you have no constitution, you have no rights. There are alot of people who think that in time that things will get better, or gun owners will forget.

For those of you who still live in the state of Maryland, or keep your guns there, my suggestion is now is the time to get your ducks in a row and legal stuff in order. I have a feeling that some anti gun rabid police agencies are going to use this opportunity to serve a whole rash of gun seizing warrants and knock and talks clad in heavily armored vehicles and clothing. Much like the guy from LaPlata who had MSP knock on his door in the middle of the night and accuse him of owning "illegal guns" because they pulled the list of ammunition buyers from the local gun store, and it didn't match the guns he "owned." I would also imagine they didn't learn their lesson as they are now being sued for 20 million for shooting and killing the former army ranger in St. Mary's County after a long standoff. This is how some agencies have chosen to act before the bill, and theres no doubt that after the law takes place that they will seek to turn the many law abiding gun owners into "armed criminals" for probably procedural violations like "not having your fingerprints completed on time" etc, and theres no doubt that they will use those opportunities to serve high risk search warrants on peoples residences to seize such firearms. I hope that this isn't the route they choose to go, as there is plenty of real criminals that require investigating and apprehension throughout the state.

The bill also fails to address alot of the requirements. How will "training" go? The "training" requirements don't seem to be outlined very well. I simply can't see agencies that are run by anti gun liberal leadership like the Prince Georges County Police and Montgomery County PD hosting "gun safety" training for law abiding citizens who choose to own guns.

It did not say what will happen to those who were "emergency petitioned" by police/sheriffs and taken to a psych ward for evaluation. What about those who were found to be sane, yet by the new bill's standards, this type of action will prohibit them from owning firearms, per state law. They have been denied their 5th amendment right to due process by not having any hearing or trial, and in some cases of those who were emergency petitioned its possible that they were falsely taken into custody. For those of you who don't know, Emergency Petition for Mental evaluations can be taken out against someone through the courts, by an individual (anyone) testifying before a judge that you are a threat to yourself or others. The judge then can sign off on the order, and the sheriffs will take that individual into custody. The individual is then transported to the nearest mental health capable facility for further evaluation. Many people are released from commitment without being diagnosed with anything, and are given a clean bill of health. If something was mentally wrong with the individual, then they are held for further evaluation and treatment. This was the state legislatures answer to "mental health issues." Furthermore, this portion of the bill will discourage those who have tough times in their life to seek mental health treatment, because they fear their gun rights will be taken away.

While these are just a few of the issues at hand, I really hope that this bill is repealed. It seems to be another "feel good measure" that simply won't accomplish anything once its all done but tie up the courts with more litigation, cases and lawsuits. I hope that the members of this forum are able to recognize the issues at hand, and how we can positively go out and defeat this encroachment on our 2nd amendment rights.

CommonSenseDMV

Nice first post.

jdramsey

Troll hunter.
    Aug 5, 2009
    St. Mary's Co. MD
    Im inclined to agree that the way to handle this sort of thing is political action. Numbers in person are the way to go, and holding representatives accountable for their voting actions is also the way to go.

Its imperative that websites are created to show who voted for what. I can tell you that from what i've seen in the past, that activism does work. I can tell you that alot of representatives are running scared for their jobs right now, especially the ones who exist in the "swing vote" counties. Its no secret republicans have a hard time winning on the ballot's in some counties in Maryland. However, what some of the democrats are scared of is the fact that they can get voted out and replaced with a different democrat, one that might be more conservative than their liberal leaning, anti gun ways. While alot of people "love voting democrat" there is a growing number of people who are fed up with crime, fed up with high taxes, fed up with the lack of change. Reaching those in the community who are in this position is a way to get the message out.

This bill that passed was a political measure. MOM thinks that by passing this bill, its going to give him a shot at the 2016 presidential ticket. MOM knows that despite it passing, there is going to many fights ahead to keep it in place, as it will be challenged on many grounds throughout the court systems etc. Not only did this bill not have the support of private law abiding citizens, but veterans and the FOP lodges/many law enforcement both active and retired were opposed to this measure. What does it say when law makers don't even listen to the law enforcement in their own state? What does it say when our elected officials ignore veterans and active duty military/reservists who put their lives on the line for this country? This is just a sign of times that through voting and advertisement, grass roots activism these people can be voted out of office. But not just the gun owners can accomplish this.

It will require the work and effort of not only gun owners and supporters themselves, but their families and friends too. Getting out there and showing how dissatisfied you are by spreading the message, getting people involved with the NRA, GOA, MSI, any sort of organization that will help send a strong message to lawmakers. Grassroots facebook, twitter activism like those who stood in line to testify at hearings in Annapolis need to take place more and more. Encouraging gun stores to sell memberships along with firearms purchases to gun rights organizations should also be a priority too. The gun stores, who haven't gotten into the political arena yet, well you need to start. A gun store/range is a great place to start putting up posters for meetings, websites, etc and getting those who enjoy their rights and 2A freedoms involved.

With that being said, 2014 is fast approaching. Its time that those who voted to destroy 2A rights in Maryland are held accountable at the ballot box and get voted out. I can guarantee you that there are quite a few representatives who haven't gotten a good nights sleep since that vote, and for good reason. In 2014, they are going to searching for a new job, because through grass roots activism, change can come to Maryland. The liberals have broken the camels back with this straw, and you can bet they awoke a sleeping giant when it comes to the pro gun crowd, it will bring protests and shakeups like never before. The liberals know this. This is why they could only muster a few people to protest in Annapolis compared to the thousands of pro gun people who showed up to testify against the bill.

I think now is an important time that everyone goes through and figures out who's for and against the 2nd amendment. Its pretty clear now who is for what, and the days of fence sitting is over with after this vote.
    .......... (Truncated for space)

I had a thought on this matter over the weekend. (Once I finished mourning.) We should cross reference the anti-gun representatives, with the ones that voted for the new gas tax. (I’ll bet there’s a lot of overlap). Then we could use a 2 pronged attack against them in 2014. We know there are districts that are never going to elect a Republican. But, if we can find moderate Dem. candidates to run against them in the primaries. And attack them for voting for a new gas tax, and trampling the second amendment, we might get somewhere. Nobody, Dem. or Rep. likes paying higher gas prices. We need to leverage that where ever we can. It’s all about finding moderate Dem candidates in the heart of liberal counties, and supporting them in the primaries. The “sheeple” can still feel good about voting Dem, and we shift the pro/anti-gun balance in Annapolis.

Mega

Wolverine
    Feb 18, 2009
    Lewes, DE
    I had a thought on this matter over the weekend. (Once I finished mourning.) We should cross reference the anti-gun representatives, with the ones that voted for the new gas tax. (I’ll bet there’s a lot of overlap). Then we could use a 2 pronged attack against them in 2014. We know there are districts that are never going to elect a Republican. But, if we can find moderate Dem. candidates to run against them in the primaries. And attack them for voting for a new gas tax, and trampling the second amendment, we might get somewhere. Nobody, Dem. or Rep. likes paying higher gas prices. We need to leverage that where ever we can. It’s all about finding moderate Dem candidates in the heart of liberal counties, and supporting them in the primaries. The “sheeple” can still feel good about voting Dem, and we shift the pro/anti-gun balance in Annapolis.

Absolutely.
    Now to find pro-2A candidates that can challenge...

strube

Jul 5, 2009
    Baltimore
    Absolutely.
    Now to find pro-2A candidates that can challenge...

That's the ticket isn't it? I would hate to go through all the effort and money needed to vote the bums out only to get them replaced by the same (or worse). I'm very optimistic about this primary approach, I think we can seriously change the tide in Annapolis over a couple election cycles.

Living in the heart of the city, I really doubt many of my neighbors would be driven to the polls for a pro-2A candidate. I don't think it would drive more away then it attracts but I don't know for sure. It's all about targeting - target the pro-2A crowd in the DINO channels and target the vastly liberal base with the things they care about. I hate to say it but I don't think a truely DINO candidate would survive for another term if they were to even get elected. Around here I doubt you're going to make it without appealing to all the *ahem* migrant voters and marriage equality crowd. Sorry if all that has been said, I'm jumping into the thread late as usual.

Last edited:

MikeFly

Sep 16, 2012
    Carroll County
    It's not just about finding pro 2A candidates. It's about voting out the incumbent who is going against us. It will send a message that we are vocal and we follow through on what we say.

rjdr

Dec 14, 2012
    To Ramsey's comment

I just received this email from my Delgate in Carroll County- Donald Elliott

He did vote against SB281. Thank you to those of you who actually took time out of your day to go to Annapolis. I'm sorry I wasn't able to go, but I sincerley appreciate those of you that did.

Jason R. in New Windsor, MD

(EMAIL FROM DELEGATE DONALD B ELLIOTT)

Report From Annapolis
    March 18, 2013

Dear Jason,

Another year of the 2013 Legislative Session has adjourned in Annapolis. Here are some highlights:

Death Penalty Repeal:

SB 276: Death Penalty Repeal was passed on the floor of the House of Delegates. I voted against repealing the Death Penalty. I believe the death penalty should be reserved for cases of the most heinous crimes.

Many amendments were presented on the bill, including one of which would have kept the death penalty for those who murder multiple people. Another amendment was presented to the bill that would have limited the luxuries of those serving a life sentence without the possibility of parole. These luxuries included television, educational services, and visitation hours. However, both of these amendments were voted down on the House Floor. In total, there were 18 amendments all of which were eventually voted down on the House Floor.

Medical Marijuana:

HB 1101: Medical Marijuana- Academic Medical Centers- Natalie M. LaPrade Medical Marijuana Commission was passed this session. HB 1101 allows the investigational use of marijuana for medical purposes and establishes a Medical Marijuana Commission. This Commission would have three main functions:

1. The Commission would create an application request for academic medical centers that would like to participate in operations of programs in the State.
    2. The Commission would approve or deny initial applications and renewal applications.
    3. The Commission would monitor and oversee the approved programs.

As requested by Secretary Joshua Sharfstein of the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene an amendment was put on that would enable the Governor to disband the program if there is a "reasonable chance of Federal Prosecution of State employees". I believe that the bill as written, provides strict safeguards to prevent abuse and that compassion should be shown for those who are ill, and find relief through such means. I voted in favor of this legislation because it is limited to academic research.

Transportation Infrastructure and Investment Act of 2013:

HB 1515: Transportation Infrastructure and Investment Act of 2013 was passed. HB 1515 seeks to resolve the transportation crisis which was created as a result of continued raids by the General Assembly of the Transportation Trust Fund to balance the budget. The governor’s plan offered promises to provide protection against such raids. However, only a 3/5 majority is required to raid the fund. This simply creates an illusion of protection, and codifies the ability of the Governor to continue to raid the Fund.

The bill also allows for the indexing of the gas tax increases to the Consumer Price Index. This means that the Gas Tax can be raised without input from the Maryland General Assembly. A 1% tax will also be collected by wholesalers on the retail price of motor fuel beginning July 1, 2013. In 2014, this wholesaler’s tax will be further raised to 2%, and in 2015 further raised to 3% digging deeper into the Maryland Motorists’ pockets. If there is Federal action in regards to a online sales tax, the Governor's plan dedicates those revenues to the Transportation Trust Fund. However, if no Federal legislation is enacted by December 1, 2015, the 3% tax will be further increased to 4% on January 1, 2016 and 5% on July 1 2016. I voted against the Transportation Infrastructure and Investment Act of 2013.

Governor’s Budget Bill:

HB 100: The Governor’s 2013 budget bill was passed. This budget proposal raises spending by $1.2 Billion from the previous year. Increases in spending, and taxes are included throughout the bill. State spending has overcome the rate of Maryland citizens’ personal income growth, leading to heavier burdens on Maryland taxpayers. When Maryland families are suffering in the tough economy, it is fiscally irresponsible to increase spending in Maryland’s budget. I voted against the Governor’s budget bill.

Firearm Safety Act of 2013:

SB 281:
    Firearm safety Act of 2013 was passed this session. SB 281 was one of the most contentious bills before the legislature this session, with thousands of supporters of the Second Amendment from around the state coming down to Annapolis in opposition to the bill. I have long supported the Second Amendment rights of Maryland citizens, and did so again this session, voting against the bill. Certain aspects of the bill addressed mental health, which deserved consideration. However, the egregious infringement on the Second Amendment rights of Maryland citizens contained within the bill led me to oppose the bill.

Offshore Wind:

SB 275: Maryland Offshore Wind Energy Act of 2013 was passed this session. SB 275 allows for the construction of large windmills 10-30 miles off of the coast of Maryland. The bill also adds a surcharge of $1.50 per 1,000 kWh of use upon completion of construction of the windmills. There is no cap to this fee. At a time when Maryland citizens are suffering financially, new fees and charges should not be imposed on the taxpayer. I voted against this legislation.

Administration of Vaccinations for Pharmacists:

HB 179: Pharmacists- Administration of Vaccinations- Expanded Authority and Reporting Requirements was passed this session. HB 179 allows pharmacists the ability to administer vaccinations listed on the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s recommended immunization schedule. The bill requires a prescription for those between the ages of 11 and 17. For adults over the age of 18, no prescription is required. By allowing pharmacists to administer these vaccinations, we can ensure protection against dangerous diseases, and bring convenience to the process. I voted for this legislation.

Same Day Voting:

SB 279: Election Law- Improving Access to Voting was passed this session. SB 279:

1. Increases the number of early voting centers
    2. Establishes an eight-day early voting period
    3. Allows a voter to register and vote on the same day during early voting
    4. Expands methods of receiving an absentee ballot to:
    a. Mail
    b. Fax
    c. Internet
    d. By hand
    5. Adds as a requirement to the online voter registration system either the last four digits of the voter’s social security number and “other information identified by the state board that is not generally available to the public but is readily available to the individual”
    6. Conducts a study into the voting wait times

As written, this bill does not provide the necessary safeguards against voter fraud. When a voter goes to register during early voting, they simply show the election judge a Maryland Driver’s License or identification card OR a document that contains the applicant’s name and current address. The election judge will then be given the authority to determine the voter’s place of residence and eligibility to register. This provides very limited safeguards to one of the most prized rights we have as American Citizens. I believe in protecting the vote of Maryland citizens, and this bill seeks to diminish the integrity of the vote. I voted against this legislation.

Financial Assistance Study for Wastewater Treatment Plants:

This session, I introduced HB 569: Environment - Wastewater Treatment Facilities - Financial Assistance Study. The bill had a total of 82 sponsors in the House of Delegates including the Chairman of the Environmental Matters Committee and was voted unanimously through the Maryland House of Delegates. However, when the bill reached the Senate Education, Health, and Environmental Affairs it was given an unfavorable report.

The bill would have required the Maryland Department of Environment to conduct a study into the average rise in cost per user when a mandate of upgrade of Wastewater Treatment Plants is issued. Many citizens in small towns around Maryland are suffering in these tough economic times as a result of rising costs of water that come from federally and state mandated upgrades of wastewater treatment plants.

In lieu of the failed legislation, a letter is being drafted which includes the substance of the legislation. This letter will be signed by the chairman of the House Environmental Matters Committee and the Senate Education, Health, and Environmental Matters Committee and forwarded to the Department of the Environment for action.

It is my pleasure to serve the citizens of Maryland. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact my office by phone at 410-841-3118 or by e-mail at donald.elliott@house.state.md.us
    Sincerely,

Delegate Donald B. Elliott

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I'm looking at who voted for what on this link..

http://legiscan.com/MD/rollcall/SB281/id/239134 (Legiscan.com) Look up SB281.

Senator Brinkley Opposed SB281 also.

Sorry if you guys are way ahead of all of this already, but I wanted to give some credit to those who opposed this bill.

Jason R.

Some might have been granted political cover by party bosses to vote against it even though they were for it. Once they were assured of a majority, they wanted to protect their own in close districts. Don't know if it applies to your rep., but see how they voted on the amendments and determine how they really felt about it. Things sometimes aren't what they seem.

BigT

Large Member
    Dec 20, 2011
    Hagerstown area
    Some might have been granted political cover by party bosses to vote against it even though they were for it. Once they were assured of a majority, they wanted to protect their own in close districts. Don't know if it applies to your rep., but see how they voted on the amendments and determine how they really felt about it. Things sometimes aren't what they seem.

That is a very good point... Much more research needs to be done..

occbrian

Ultimate Member
    Jan 3, 2013
    in a cave
    Do you have a preliminary list we can see? I know a member was taking pictures of the votes on the board during the 2nd and 3rd read throughs.

Brochin.

And from my personal interactions with the man, Kevin Kelly. He needs to be replaced. He is not on our side.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Very good point.

Last edited:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    So I just spent about an hour trying to answer my own question - who voted anti-gun AND voted for tax hikes

HOW MARYLAND POLITICIANS VOTED ON FOUR KEY ISSUES:
    BELOW: FULL HOUSE & SENATE ROLL CALLS:

Most of these politicians are OUR OPPOSITION :

DISTRICT 3 (Frederick & Washington Counties)
    Sen. Ron Young (District 3 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

Del. Galen Clagett (District 3A Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: NOT VOTING, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 10 (Baltimore County)
    Sen. Delores Kelley (District 10 Democrat) - GAS TAX: NO, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Emmett Burns (District 10 Democrat) - GAS TAX: NO, POT: NO, DMV ID: NO, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Adrienne Jones (District 10 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Shirley Nathan-Pulliam (District 10 Democrat) - GAS TAX: NO, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 11 (Baltimore County)
    Sen. Bobby Zirkin (District 11 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Jon Cardin (District 11 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Dan Morhaim (District 11 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Dana Stein (District 11 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 12 (Baltimore County & Howard County)
    Sen. Ed Kasemeyer (District 12 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Liz Bobo (District 12B Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 13 (Howard County)
    Sen. James Robey (District 13 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Guy Guzzone (District 13 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Shane Pendergrass (District 13 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Frank Turner (District 13 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 14 (Montgomery County)
    Sen. Karen Montgomery (District 14 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Anne Kaiser (District 14 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Eric Luedtke (District 14 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Craig Zucker (District 14 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 15 (Montgomery County)
    Sen. Rob Garagiola (District 15 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Kathleen Dumais (District 15 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Brian Feldman (District 15 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Aruna Miller (District 15 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 16 (Montgomery County)
    Sen. Brian Frosh (District 16 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Bill Frick (District 16 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Ariana Kelly (District 16 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Susan Lee (District 16 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 17 (Montgomery County)
    Sen. Jennie Forehand (District 17 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Kumar Barve (District 17 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Jim Gilchrist (District 17 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Luiz Simmons (District 17 Democrat) - GAS TAX: NO, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 18 (Montgomery County)
    Sen. Rich Madaleno (District 18 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Al Carr (District 18 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Ana Sol Gutierrez (District 18 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Jeff Waldstreicher (District 18 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 19 (Montgomery County)
    Sen. Roger Manno (District 19 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Sam Arora (District 19 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Bonnie Cullison (District 19 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Ben Kramer (District 19 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 20 (Montgomery County)
    Sen. Jamie Raskin (District 20 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Sheila Hixson (District 20 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Tom Hucker (District 20 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Heather Mizeur (District 20 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 21 (Anne Arundel & Prince George's Counties)
    Sen. Jim Rosapepe (District 21 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Ben Barnes (District 21 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Barbara Frush (District 21 Democrat) - GAS TAX: NO, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Joseline Pena-Melnyk (District 21 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 22 (Prince George's County)
    Sen. Paul Pinsky (District 22 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Tawanna Gaines (District 22 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Anne Healey (District 22 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Alonzo Washington (District 22 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 23 (Prince George's County)
    Sen. J.J. Peters (District 23 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. James Hubbard (District 23A Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Geraldine Valentino-Smith (District 23A Democrat) - GAS TAX: NO, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Marvin Holmes (District 23B Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 24 (Prince George's County)
    Sen. Joanne Benson (District 24 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: NOT VOTING, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Carolyn Howard (District 24 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Darren Swain (District 24 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Michael Vaughn (District 24 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 25 (Prince George's County)
    Sen. Ulysses Currie (District 25 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Aisha Braveboy (District 25 Democrat) - GAS TAX: NO, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Dereck Davis (District 25 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Melony Griffith (District 25 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 26 (Prince George's County)
    Sen. Anthony Muse (District 26 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Veronica Turner (District 26 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Kriselda Valderrama (District 26 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Jay Walker (District 26 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: NOT VOTING, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 27 (Calvert & Prince George's Counties)
    Sen. Mike Miller (District 27 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. James Proctor (District 27A Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Joe Vallario (District 27A Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 30 (Anne Arundel County)
    Del. Mike Busch (District 30 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 32 (Anne Arundel County)
    Del. Mary Ann Love (District 32 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 39 (Montgomery County)
    Sen. Nancy King (District 39 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Charles Barkley (District 39 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: NO, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Kirill Reznik (District 39 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Shane Robinson (District 39 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 40 (Baltimore City)
    Sen. Catherine Pugh (District 40 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Frank Conaway, Jr. (District 40 Democrat) - GAS TAX: NO, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Barbara Robinson (District 40 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Shawn Tarrant (District 40 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 41 (Baltimore City)
    Sen. Lisa Gladden (District 41 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Jill Carter (District 41 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: NOT VOTING
    Del. Nathaniel Oaks (District 41 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Sandy Rosenberg (District 41 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 42 (Baltimore County)
    Del. Stephen Lafferty (District 5 Democrat) - GAS TAX: NO, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 43 (Baltimore City)
    Sen. Joan Carter Conway (District 43 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Curt Anderson (District 43 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Maggie McIntosh (District 43 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Mary Washington (District 43 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 44 (Baltimore City)
    Sen. Verna Jones-Rodwell (District 44 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Keith Haynes (District 44 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Keiffer Mitchell (District 44 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Melvin Stukes (District 44 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 45 (Baltimore City)
    Sen. Nate McFadden (District 45 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Talmadge Branch (District 45 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Cheryl Glenn (District 45 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Nina Harper (District 45 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 46 (Baltimore City)
    Sen. Bill Ferguson (District 46 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Luke Clippinger (District 46 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Peter Hammen (District 46 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Brian McHale (District 46 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

DISTRICT 47 (Prince George's County)
    Sen. Victor Ramirez (District 47 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Jolene Ivey (District 47 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Doyle Niemann (District 47 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES
    Del. Michael Summers (District 47 Democrat) - GAS TAX: YES, POT: YES, DMV ID: YES, GUN LAWS: YES

--------------------------

Most of these politicians are OUR ALLIES :

SENATE GUN LAW OPPONENTS: Laws creating new restrictions on the sale of firearms passed the State Senate by a vote of 28 to 19. The 19 votes against the gun laws came from all 12 Senate Republicans, joined by 7 Democrats:
    Sen. John Astle - (Anne Arundel)
    Sen. Ed DeGrange - (Anne Arundel)
    Sen. Roy Dyson - (St. Mary's)
    Sen. Katherine Klausmeier - (Baltimore County)
    Sen. Jim Mathias - (Wicomico)
    Sen. Mac Middleton - (Charles)
    Sen. Norm Stone - (Baltimore County)

HOUSE GUN LAW OPPONENTS: In the House, the vote for new gun regulations was 78 to 61. The 61 votes against the gun laws came from all 43 Senate Republicans, joined by 18 Democrats:
    Del. Pamela Beidle - (Anne Arundel)
    Del. John Bohanan - (St. Mary's)
    Del. Eric Bromwell - (Baltimore County)
    Del. Rudolph Cane - (Wicomico)
    Del. Norm Conway - (Wicomico)
    Del. Steve DeBoy - (Baltimore County)
    Del. John Donoghue - (Washington)
    Del. Mary-Dulany James - (Harford)
    Del. Sally Jameson - (Charles)
    Del. Kevin Kelly - (Allegany)
    Del. James Malone - (Baltimore County)
    Del. Peter Murphy - (Charles)
    Del. John Olszewski - (Baltimore County)
    Del. David Rudolph - (Cecil)
    Del. Theodore Sophocleus - (Anne Arundel)
    Del. Michael Weir - (Baltimore County)
    Del. C.T. Wilson - (Charles)
    Del. John Wood - (St. Mary's)

SENATE GAS TAX OPPONENTS: The transportation funding package passed the State Senate by a vote of 27 to 20. The 20 votes against the gas tax came from all 12 Senate Republicans, joined by 8 Democrats:
    Sen. John Astle - (Anne Arundel)
    Sen. Jim Brochin - (Baltimore County)
    Sen. Ed DeGrange - (Anne Arundel)
    Sen. Roy Dyson - (St. Mary's)
    Sen. Delores Kelley - (Baltimore County)
    Sen. Katherine Klausmeier - (Baltimore County)
    Sen. Jim Mathias - (Wicomico)
    Sen. Norm Stone - (Baltimore County)

HOUSE GAS TAX OPPONENTS: In the House, the transportation funding vote was 76 to 63. The 63 votes against the gas tax came from 41 Senate Republicans, joined by 22 Democrats:
    Del. Pamela Beidle - (Anne Arundel)
    Del. Aisha Braveboy - (Prince George's)
    Del. Eric Bromwell - (Baltimore County)
    Del. Emmett Burns - (Baltimore County)
    Del. Rudolph Cane - (Wicomico)
    Del. Frank Conaway - (Baltimore)
    Del. Norm Conway - (Wicomico)
    Del. Steve DeBoy - (Baltimore County)
    Del. Barbara Frush - (Prince George's) <--- voted ANTI-GUN
    Del. Mary-Dulany James - (Harford)
    Del. Kevin Kelly - (Allegany)
    Del. Stephen Lafferty - (Baltimore County)
    Del. Jim Malone - (Baltimore County)
    Del. Joseph Minnick - (Baltimore County)
    Del. Shirley Nathan-Pulliam - (Baltimore County)
    Del. John Olszewski - (Baltimore County)
    Del. David Rudolph - (Cecil)
    Del. Luiz Simmons - (Montgomery)
    Del. Theodore Sophocleus - (Anne Arundel)
    Del. Geraldine Valentino-Smith - (Prince George's)
    Del. Michael Weir - (Baltimore County)
    Del. John Wood - (St. Mary's)

(source: http : //www.marylandjuice.com/2013/04/roll-calls-md-approves-gas-tax-hike-gun dot html)

Last edited:

dogboy

IDPA RSO / NRA RSO
    Oct 22, 2007
    Patuxent River
    Brochin.

And from my personal interactions with the man, Kevin Kelly. He needs to be replaced. He is not on our side.

Whoa! Kevin Kelly is against us? I am more than a little surprised to hear that. But I will admit, I had take his word at face value, and wasn't watching him closely.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So I just spent about an hour trying to answer my own question - who voted anti-gun AND voted for tax hikes

HOW MARYLAND POLITICIANS VOTED ON FOUR KEY ISSUES:
    BELOW: FULL HOUSE & SENATE ROLL CALLS:

Most of these politicians are OUR OPPOSITION :

(SNIP)

(source: http : //www.marylandjuice.com/2013/04/roll-calls-md-approves-gas-tax-hike-gun dot html)

Nice job, can you go a step further and break out the amendment votes both in the House and Senate? I think you will find that some of the Democrats that voted with us against the bill as a whole, did not support any or most of the amendments we would have liked. In doing so, they are still no friends of ours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Scot2024

Latest threads

Top Bottom