• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dlharsh

Feb 13, 2010
    Windsor Mill
    I have some land in Mineral County. I've been trying to keep it on the records as a farm but you have to submit a form each year. Has anyone put property in the Forestry Program. Any comments negative or positive?

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I was under the impression that if you baled one round bale or had one live stock animal on your property, you could classify as a farm.

Found this in WV programs:
    http://woaofwv.org/

Todd v.

Ultimate Member
    Nov 30, 2008
    South Carolina
    I'd put in a call to the property tax office, they should be able to tell you everything you need. In some states to qualify for livestock you need to have a certain amount fenced which could be something as simple as a one wire electric fence, there's also forrestry land/lumber which you only need to have a certain amount of property with trees growing no matter the size. This may or not be the same in WV?

dlharsh

Feb 13, 2010
    Windsor Mill
    In Mineral County you need to make $1000 a year to be considered a farm. You need to file the paperwork each year or you don't get the farm discount. It's a prettty big tax break. I know you get a discount for the managed timberland program but don't know how they compare. I'm thinking it's easier to watch trees grow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom