• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    How the hell do you fit a double powder charge in a .22? Is there really that much empty space in that tiny cartridge?

Rob.

landmarke

Mar 2, 2009
    Thanks, I bought a 1000 rounds of this back in July from Cabela's, will have to check on it.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    How the hell do you fit a double powder charge in a .22? Is there really that much empty space in that tiny cartridge?

Rob.

There really is. There are a number of cartridges that, depending on powder type and volume, can and do contain sufficient case space for accidental multiple charges.

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Call Winchester for free pickup but no word on replacement? Are we supposed to eat the cost as well?

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I passed on a chance to buy a few boxes of Winchester .22LR a few weeks ago, when the local WalMart had it in stock (a rare occurrence, these days) because, in my experience, Winchester has always made the crappiest .22 out there.

I am NOT surprised by this recall.

bama47

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 9, 2013
    Marylandistan
    Damn - there's not even a notice listed there of approximate date (s) of the production run. Has anyone gotten through on the 18-6800 number? I havent. I don't want to have to dig through all my ammo cans of 22!

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hmm when were these sold, I got a box of winchester .22 for Christmas 2012 and had one blow out the back of the casing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    pThanks for the heads up. I don't use that brand but the infor found on this forum is invaluable! Great that everyone tries to keep each other safe.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    I had a couple of boxes of GK42L, but no GD42L. The rest were not remotely close, though they all did begin with a G.

And bama, it was a PITA to go through all those boxes of M22. :D

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Damn - there's not even a notice listed there of approximate date (s) of the production run. Has anyone gotten through on the 18-6800 number? I havent. I don't want to have to dig through all my ammo cans of 22!

3 1,000 boxes fit in a .50 can, I wouldn't think it would that hard to find them. I have my cans labeled.

cww

Jan 28, 2010
    yea thanks for posting, I'll have to check mine also since I recently scored a few thousand rounds. If any body hears anything about replacement/reimbursement post it up.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    3 1,000 boxes fit in a .50 can, I wouldn't think it would that hard to find them. I have my cans labeled.

ty9ydy6a.jpg

Now which boxes were they in???

I label mine as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom