• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KD999

Dec 18, 2012
    Virginia
    Can anyone shed some light on the processing time of the Voluntary Appeal File? I keep getting "delayed" on my long gun purchases and it's a pain in the ass, so I sent off my live scan and app along with some documentation I think should help them speed it up. Just trying to find out how long it will take.

Also, once I have the # that I can add to my forms, it's my understanding that they can have the resolved status added permanently so they don't have to go through the same check every purchase. So, I'm hoping that I can just get the approval on the long guns through the instant check.

Just wondering if anyone else has recently done this. I saw a post from a few years ago on here but he had a denial and it took a year.

marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Same for me, I kept getting delayed. So I went the Voluntary Appeal way which took a long time, almost a year.

I anxiously checked the mail for months and months and just about when I gave up on ever hearing from them it arrived. Patience is a virtue, but quickness is better.

I finally got my VAF UPIN, which one gun store owner said he had only seen three in thirty years.

Yep, we special.

KD999

Dec 18, 2012
    Virginia
    Just got my UPIN Letter.
    Now hopefully that helps with whatever was going on. Really interesting though that they tell you 1) you can be deleted out of the system completely with a written request
    and 2) they give you back your original application and fingerprint card. If I didn't know any better I would think they actually care about my privacy lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom