• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Bethesda John

Feb 28, 2007
    Escaped to Virginia
    I'm thinking about obtaining a C&R license but have concerns about doing so in Montgomery County. Have any of the current holders had problems/issues with shipments, local regulations, dealers, or any law enforcement once they got their license? The C&R sounds worth having but not if it opens up a can of worms.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    nope, no problems here. i got a mosin-nagant m44 and a cz-82 with my c&r, from 2 different dealers. you also get discounts from a lot of retailers if you send them you license (midwayusa gives you great deals)! these discounts apply to almost every item they carry.

see the c&r perks & tips thread.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    With guns I have heard absolutley no issues, but with ammo I have heard some retailers are pricks and won't ship to a Mont. Co. address. Sportsmens guide is one I think.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    affirmative... sportsman`s guide/cheaper than dirt will not ship ammo here. All other retailers I`ve ordered from have been trouble-free

todbiker

Ultimate Member
    Feb 11, 2012
    Laurel, Maryland
    nope, no problems here. i got a mosin-nagant m44 and a cz-82 with my c&r, from 2 different dealers. you also get discounts from a lot of retailers if you send them you license (midwayusa gives you great deals)! these discounts apply to almost every item they carry.

see the c&r perks & tips thread.

I thought Midway did away with their C&R discounts a year or so ago?

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    1f09c5b9-4986-463d-a481-29c26a003e03.jpg

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    But what if your county has a police department AND a sheriff's department? Like in MoCo? Does the letter go to the sheriff or the chief of the police department? They are two separate entities.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    But what if your county has a police department AND a sheriff's department? Like in MoCo? Does the letter go to the sheriff or the chief of the police department? They are two separate entities.
    Usually if you county has a county Police force, the Sheriff's Office has separate duties outside of day-to-day law enforcement. For example, here in Anne Arundel, they deliver summons, serve warrants, transport prisoners, protect the courts etc, etc.

In AA County I have sent it to the County Chief of Police, which was accepted without problem.

+1 :thumbsup: I suppose it was accepted without problem, lol. FYI, I sent it there then realized I should'a sent it Certified to insure it got there. I was, however, able to call and determine that it was, in fact, received.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    THIS THREAD IS ALMOST NINE YEARS OLD!

No problems at all. Two rifles and two pistols.

Please do not revive nine year old threads for no good reason.

It just wastes time, confuses people, and spreads bad information.

All you do is give 13ers a bad name.

Midway stopped giving C&R discounts YEARS ago.

Brownells still does, Wolff Springs and others, too.

The CLEO letter is just a formality. They do nothing with it.

They cannot "reject it." Hopefully they throw it in the trash.

NOW CLOSE THIS STUPID DEAD THREAD!

There are other, good threads for discussing C&R information.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013

Sheriffs, who're elected by the people, are generally more pro-Second Amendment than police (who're appointed/hired by the government). Try Sheriff Popkin.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom