• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Norman's Tag and Title in Towson.

I walked in to get my fire tags, they have MSI bumper stickers, and all kinds of anti gun control signs.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Tag & Title companies handle your paperwork & waits at the MVA for you so you don't have to.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I almost went with them, but I wasn't willing to pay inflated fees just so I could avoid going to the MVA.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    I know the family that owns it and those I have met from the family are all very pro 2a . My cousin recently married into the family .

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    They are just trying to make a living.

THIS.... Tag and title shops are a new thing in MD. They were just approved a few years ago and will become more and more popular. The prices are not usually bad if you want to save time. IF you do not care/have time to waste at the MVA then it is obviously not worth it to you.

I think it is a good service and, in this instance, allows us to support someone who is pro 2A when we have no choice but to give the money to the state.

OH, and just a side note on tags. If you have a trailer, get a Maine tag. you can do it online and it is alot cheaper than MD and good for 5 years. (plus it keeps some tax money out of owemalleys hands.

rj1974

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Edgemere , md.
    THIS.... Tag and title shops are a new thing in MD. They were just approved a few years ago and will become more and more popular. The prices are not usually bad if you want to save time. IF you do not care/have time to waste at the MVA then it is obviously not worth it to you.

Tag and title places are not new to MD . I have been using Norman's Tag and Title on Eastern Ave for close to 20 years . They are another branch of the York road office . Norman's has been doing MVA tag and title since 1970 .

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland

I think it is a good service and, in this instance, allows us to support someone who is pro 2A when we have no choice but to give the money to the state.

OH, and just a side note on tags. If you have a trailer, get a Maine tag. you can do it online and it is alot cheaper than MD and good for 5 years. (plus it keeps some tax money out of owemalleys hands.

Agreed. but you can get the trailer tags from Maine that are good for as many as 12 years unless they changed it. I have every trailer tagged in Maine.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    They are just trying to make a living.
    Understood and meant no offense.
    When you use a tag an title place, you pay for convenience.

It's really no different than transferring a firearm through a FFL...
    Except the two month wait part...

capman98

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Mt. Airy maryland
    Tag and title places are not new to MD . I have been using Norman's Tag and Title on Eastern Ave for close to 20 years . They are another branch of the York road office . Norman's has been doing MVA tag and title since 1970 .

I guess new was not the correct term. Becoming more popular, common. at least out here. Never really saw them that much till a few years ago.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    I must be lucky living in the sticks, my local MVA has never been busy any time I've been there, I don't ever remember waiting more than a few minutes to get waited on.
    Now renewing my DL, different story, I've got to drive to the Frederick MVA.:mad54:

splfd

Jul 27, 2011
    Unfree State

Great, great advice. Thank you.

nomo613

Nov 24, 2010
    pikesville
    i once went to three brothers downtown. the store is just about the trashiest thing ive ever seen but the owners are some nice guys. one is an avid shooter and was trying to sell me a FA suppressed mp5. to bad i dont have that kind of money...

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I meant to post here. They are definately pro gun. I just used the Eastern ave location and was happy to see the anti gun control sign hanging behind the counter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom