• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    Did a quick search of "Private Party Sale" and only a few hits turned up with halfway decent information. Looking to hear from someone who has done this before.

I have two regulated AR15 rifles that I intend to sell to two different people, and I want to do it by-the-books so the transaction is 100% legal. I have already drafted up a "bill of sale" that covers most basic caveats, but in addition to this what other paperwork do I need to bring/fill out?

Just looking for a little guidance on the process once we meet up at a local MD State Police barracks. Thanks all!

Ganegrei

Comblock Convert
    Jun 23, 2011
    Somewhere in BoCo
    You dont need a bill of sale for a transfer done through the MSP. Everyone needs their drivers license and two separate checks made out to the MSP for ten dollars each.

jaybee

Ultimate Member
    money movement
    20% - at agreement
    40% - at MSP barracks
    40% - at receiving gun

there is a couple threads about it
    BTW - put it in a case or box - don't want to upset people

edit - call the barracks first for times - they're all different

Last edited:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Money movement? Do what you and the buyer work out. There is nothing set in stone.

If these aren't HBAR's and are regulated then it's rather simple. Make sure the buyer has their safety course completed are fit one of the exceptions. They also need a ten dollar check for the transfer.

You meet at MSP Barrick and leave the firearm in the vehicle. Go in and tell the Trooper on the desk that you are there for a transfer. They will then either walk out and look or instruct you to bring it in.

Fill out paperwork, wait either 8 days or until the ND paperwork comes back, then meet for the transfer. If the ND paperwork isnt back yet you can mail it to the buyer when you get it, have them sign it and mail it to MSP.

I usually have the buyer sign my transfer form when I transfer the firearm if you dont have the ND back yet.

If you plan on waiting for the ND paperwork make sure the buyer knows.

BoS is silly if you are going through MSP for the transfer. You'll already have the paperwork signed which is more binding then a BoS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom