• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brettwp

Dec 22, 2009
    North East, MD
    I’m sure this has been asked a dozen times. I have an opportunity to purchase a revolver from a friend. He wants $300 and I want to buy it. I remember hearing about doing the transfer at a MD State Police barracks. Can it also be done by someone who has a LLC license? How do I go about this and what is the cost, if any?

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Assuming your friend is a MD resident, transfer it at one of the MDSP barracks. It costs $20. It's best if you call ahead to find out which day(s) the barracks does transfer paperwork.

If you do the transfer through an FFL (I assume that's what you meant), transfer costs for a handgun are typically $40 or more.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    It is $10 at MSP barracks. Leave the gun in a locked box in the car until being given further instructions by the MSP. As far as the wife, tell your friend to keep his mouth shut. The MSP will not call you.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    Assuming your friend is a MD resident, transfer it at one of the MDSP barracks. It costs $20. It's best if you call ahead to find out which day(s) the barracks does transfer paperwork.

If you do the transfer through an FFL (I assume that's what you meant), transfer costs for a handgun are typically $40 or more.

What he meant was the buyer pays the seller 20and the seller pays the MSP 10. Brilliant!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom